Friday Five: 5 Quotations To Inspire Success
Entrepreneurs and business owners must maintain a high level of drive, inspiration and motivation if they hope to enjoy success. Luckily, many leaders have left us little snippets of motivation in the form of brilliant and inspiring quotations. If you ever struggle to maintain your motivation, inspiration and drive, keep these 5 quotations close by to give you extra motivation to reach your goals!
1) “Ability is useless unless it’s used.” – Robert Half
One can have all the ability in the world – but unless she takes the important step of activating her ability, it is useless. Leaders are those who use their ability to accomplish important goals, mentor, and educate. Having an ability is the easy part; putting that ability into action is what makes the difference.
Here are a few tips for optimizing your abilities and those of your workforce:
- Identify your strongest abilities and document them
- Keep daily records of when and how you utilize your abilities
- Reflect on your abilities to identify ways you could get even more out of them
2) “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
Henry Ford has gifted us with many brilliant quotes. The above is one of my favorites because it can spark inspiration during times that feel much like defeat. It is extremely rare for any entrepreneur or business owner to embark on a new project that results in immediate success – failure is something we must all embrace and learn to use for our benefit.
Here are a few tips for dealing with failure:
- As Henry Ford suggests, just start again
- Analyze what went wrong and try to understand why. The problem may be a simple fix
- Don’t let failure get you down. If you feel defeated, getting back up will be extremely difficult
3) “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
It’s not often that ideas simply land in our lap. If you wait for opportunity to knock, you could be waiting a very long time. Instead, take your opportunity into your own hands. There’s potential all around us, but in order to take advantage of opportunities, you’ll need to open doors and start looking for them.
4) “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see farther.” – Thomas Carlyle
If you’ve set a goal and reached it you should not be done! Successful leaders continue to grow and set new goals to strive for. The more you accomplish, the more you can accomplish. With this mind frame, you can lead your business to success quickly!
5) “Be like a postage stamp, stick to one thing until you get there.” – Josh Billings
No matter your journey, if you stick to it you’ll eventually get there. The path may be different than what you expected and it might take a little longer. But with hard work, ambition and inspiration you will get there!
What are some of your favorite quotes to get you moving in the right direction? Share them with us in the comments below.