RingCentral Enhances Mobile Team Messaging With New RingCentral Glip iOS, Android Apps
Today’s mobile modern workforce increasingly demands communication and collaboration solutions that work across geographies and devices. We’re seeing greater adoption of our team messaging and collaboration app, RingCentral Glip™, among our RingCentral Office® customers, and today, I’m excited to unveil our new RingCentral Glip iOS and Android apps.
With RingCentral Glip, your organization can meet the expectations of employees who expect a work messaging app at least as good as the ones they use to stay in touch with friends.
Seamlessly integrated with RingCentral Office, the new RingCentral Glip apps for iOS and Android have been built for higher performance, with native code for each platform. Just as importantly, they work in concert with our RingCentral mobile apps to make it easy to organize a conference call or an online meeting, which other mobile participants can join instantly.
RingCentral Glip’s workplace messaging and team collaboration platform stretches across the desktop web and desktop apps for Windows and MacOS as well as mobile, but we think one of the reasons this mode of workplace collaboration is so important is that it mirrors the personal communications experience we enjoy on our smartphones. Just as it’s easy to text a friend but then switch to a call when what we need to discuss will not fit into a text message, RingCentral Glip users can send rich messages that can include links, files, or task assignments — but still have the option of switching to a call or a video call for a more in-depth conversation.
Key features of the new RingCentral Glip mobile experience include:
- Improved search experience to help users locate people, teams, and specific message content more quickly
- Updated Shelf design to make files, tasks, notes, and links associated with a conversation easier to locate, by simply tapping the “i” icon
- Added ability to mark a conversation unread for follow up later, by tapping and holding on a conversation name
- Improved formatting for Android tablets and landscape support
- Support for split screen on Android Nougat (7.0)
- Capability to read PDFs and Microsoft Office® documents directly in RingCentral Glip app
- Added ability to open and share documents in another app, by simply tapping the Share button on the preview screen and picking a destination
- Support to sync iOS Contacts list: invitations can be sent to one person or in bulk via email or text message
- “Favorite” a conversation by swiping left on a conversation and star to mark as important
- “What’s New” screen keeps users informed of major new RingCentral Glip features
- Added landscape support for iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPad®, and iPad mini™
At RingCentral, we’re focused on raising the bar for workplace productivity, transforming how people communicate and get work done from a single, collaborative communications hub. To help you better empower your mobile workforce, we’ve enhanced RingCentral Glip’s rich capabilities for mobile, including faster speed, reliability, and collaboration functionality. After all, with the smartphone becoming ever more important as a tool for work and play, the mobile experience should lead the way.
Visit the Glip blog here.
Read the full press release here.