Today, RingCentral is kicking off its annual user conference, ConnectCentral 2017, in San Francisco where RingCentral customers, partners, and influencers are gathering to explore the power of connection and the future of the digital workplace.
When we think about where the industry is today and how far we have come in the last decade, one thing stands out. Today, voice and video communications, combined with team messaging and collaboration, are proving to be part of something larger — what we call “collaborative communications.” At RingCentral, we’re not just unifying different modes of conversation, but enabling open, intelligent workflows through integrations to create a seamless experience, where the transition between modes of communication and collaboration is smooth and productive.
The innovations we’re unveiling today at ConnectCentral demonstrate how we continue to push the envelope on what’s possible with cloud communications solutions. Our open platform, global reach, and analytics capabilities are beyond what any other provider in our industry can offer. It is these capabilities that are changing the game for enterprises as they leverage the cloud to drive increased employee productivity and better customer experiences.
Open, intelligent business workflows
In the cloud era, the traditional boundaries between application types begin to fade. There is no reason why we shouldn’t be able to move smoothly between looking up a customer in CRM, calling a customer, sharing a file, starting a video chat, or messaging a virtual team. We’re now providing an open and intelligent conversational platform that supports integrations, chatbots and AI. New integrations include:
- Native Gmail integration that enables users to promote a conversation from email to a call from their RingCentral number, send a text message, and share online presence
- RingCentral conferencing and meetings integration available within Slack
- RingCentral for Alexa Skills, which will allow users to check and respond to voicemail, make calls, or send and receive SMS text messages with any Alexa-powered device
- Smart link sharing of Salesforce records in the RingCentral App and click-to-call integration from within Salesforce
- Partnership with Kore.AI on intelligent chatbots that relay information back and forth between the RingCentral App, Salesforce, Trello, Asana, and Twitter
This is just a sampling of what is possible with an open and flexible platform. More details can be found in our press release.
Global workforce enablement
Businesses today are highly distributed, with offices and home office workers in multiple cities, states, and countries. Our RingCentral Global Office product addresses this need, with local service in more than 30 countries and unmetered calling to more than 100 countries. We just announced an expansion in Latin America, as well as expansion of our operations in France. By eliminating the complexity and high costs of deploying legacy on-premises systems globally, we’re increasingly seeing multinational organizations choose RingCentral for their global needs.
Another key capability enterprise customers demand is control and insight into the performance of services on a global basis. With new enterprise Quality of Service Analytics capabilities, we’re delivering insights into the performance of a global business communications network that cannot be achieved with old fashioned PBX hardware. IT administrators can now:
- Measure quality of every leg of every call on a global basis for visibility into end-user quality of service experiences
- Leverage our comprehensive reporting dashboard to anticipate and diagnose voice quality of service issues in real time before they escalate into critical problems
- Pinpoint problematic calls to accurately identify patterns, degradation at the country, regional, and local levels for every leg of every call
As a company that prides itself on call quality and reliability, our goal is to empower administrators with insights they can use to better understand their user’s experience and act fast.
Communications and collaboration have converged. Employees want to be able to work from anywhere, at any time, on any device, both individually and as a team — and have a seamless user experience throughout. RingCentral is focused on making employees more productive so they can better communicate with their customers and collaborate effectively with their peers. This focus, combined with our relentless commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction, will continue to differentiate us in the marketplace as we expand our leadership position.
Originally published Oct 24, 2017, updated Dec 08, 2021