Today is an exciting day that marks a big step forward for RingCentral. Our flagship product RingCentral Office now integrates with Google for Work, a suite of tools that includes Gmail and Google Docs.
Why is this important? Here at RingCentral, we’ve set out to redefine business communications by eliminating the expense and complications of legacy on-premise systems. RingCentral has become a leading cloud-based communications solution relied on by more than 300,000 businesses. By integrating RingCentral with Google for Work, we are where you are – in your Gmail.
Millions of people use Gmail, and a growing number of businesses are relying on Gmail for their business email needs as well. Now you can turn your Gmail into a robust communications hub by adding RingCentral. The RingCentral experience integrated into Google for Work is seamless, intuitive, and fast. You can work more productively and efficiently, keeping in touch with who you need via calls, SMS, and audio or video conferences – all while staying within Gmail.
Watch the video below for an overview on what RingCentral for Google can do.
Here’s a more detailed list of the features:
- Make audio or video calls through RingCentral from your Gmail account.
- Send and receive SMS text messages.
- Combine your RingCentral and Google contacts in one easy-to-search screen.
- Schedule conference call meetings and set up a dial-in conference line, which appears directly within your Google Calendar.
- Click to call any phone number displayed in your contacts, calendar, or email.
- Listen to your voicemails directly within Gmail.
- Dial in to any Google Hangout and never miss a Hangout again due to location restrictions.
- Transform Hangouts into a hub for up to 1,000 audio participants.
To get started, add the RingCentral for Google extension to your web browser by visiting the Chrome Web Store. Once installed, RingCentral together with Google for Work can help you and your business be more successful.
[Please note, RingCentral for Google App is available to all Office customers in the US, Canada, and the UK.]
Originally published Jan 29, 2015, updated Aug 11, 2020