cloud phone • Calling and Mobility
Presence gives you and designated admins a strategic view of the phone status of your colleagues
A tactical advantage in call management
- From your desk phone you can see who’s available, already on a call, holding or has a call ringing.
- Presence monitoring across devices (desk phones, RingCentral Softphone and smartphones) is a RingCentral exclusive feature and gives you an edge in connecting inbound callers with employees and reducing hold times and hang-ups.
- Transfer calls with speed and certainty to your office team and remote workers.
Enhanced team communications and productivity
- With a few easy clicks, enable Presence status for admins and colleagues, so your team’s call management is agile and responsive.
- Use phone expansion modules to monitor presence for larger numbers of colleagues.
- Admins can monitor calls for execs and occupied team members, for greater agility in call handling.
Advanced customer service
- Call routing to departments and individuals is vastly improved, so hold times are reduced, customers are happier and there are less missed calls.
- Make sure callers reach the best contact quickly and eliminate calls going to voicemail.
As an Admin, can I manage Presence settings for Users?
- Yes. Within the Presence settings for any given user, simply set “Allow other users to see my presence” to On or Off.
How do I monitor the phone-line status of my colleagues?
- You can choose to display the status of any colleagues who have set their Presence Permissions to On.
Which phones are Presence-capable?
The following models are Presence-capable:
- Cisco 508G
- Cisco SPA 525G2
- Polycom IP650
- Cisco 303
- Polycom 550
- Polycom VVX 500
Can I monitor the Presence phone status of colleagues who are using smartphones and softphone?
- Yes. Only RingCentral allows your Presence-enabled desk phone to monitor the states of multiple devices including desk phones, smartphones, and Softphones.
How do I choose specific colleagues to monitor?
- Within Settings > My Inbound > User Info, click the Presence bar, and choose the Appearance tab.
- Select which colleagues you would like to monitor on your Presence-capable phone.
- This menu indicates the number of line monitors your specific phone can display.
- The first two slots are dedicated to your own calls and each additional slot can be used to monitor colleagues.
- Click "Preview on my phone" to preview the appearance of the display on your phone.
Can I add to the Presence capability of my desk phone?
- If the model of your phone supports Presence expansion modules, they can be ordered for the Cisco and Polycom units through the normal RingCentral ordering process.
- Expansion modules or Presence-capable phones may be part of an initial order or as an add-on at any point.
How many colleagues can I monitor?
- The number varies by the make and model of your phone.
- Expansion modules, or "side cars", which attach to your desk phone can add anywhere from 14 to a total 70 monitor lights, allowing you to monitor up to 70 colleagues.
How do I tell if a colleague's line is busy?
- If you have a Presence-capable desk phone, the monitor lights of colleagues you're following will blink when the line is ringing or the call is on hold.
- If the line is blinking, and you have permission, you can pick up the call, whether it's ringing or on hold.
- It will show a steady light when the line is in use.
More Calling and Mobility features