Never miss a call. Get advanced Call Forwarding with a RingCentral phone system for your business.
RingCentral Office includes advanced call forwarding as part of your service. This allows you to route incoming business calls to any or all of your devices, to any department or any location—ringing them sequentially or simultaneously. Use custom answering rules to route calls based on criteria such as day of the week, time of day, or caller ID.
Benefits of Call Forwarding
Receive your business calls on any device and at any location with Call Forwarding.
- Automatically forward incoming voice calls to one or more phone numbers, such as your office, home, or mobile number. Customers and colleagues can always reach the person they need—regardless of the person’s physical location.
- Employees are no longer forced to wait at their desks when expecting important calls.
- Configure your system to ring certain extensions, phone numbers, groups or departments simultaneously or sequentially until the call is answered—to ensure the call is answered as quickly as possible.
- Specify the number of times each phone rings before calls are forwarded to the next telephone number.
- You can forward calls to different numbers depending on the number being dialed, the caller ID information, the time of day, date range, and more. This means calls from important clients or vendors—or perhaps select executives or key personnel—can be prioritized and quickly routed to the right person or department.
Call Forwarding FAQs
How many numbers can I forward calls to?
- Forward calls to as many as 10 phone numbers, which either ring simultaneously or in the order you specify.
How hard is it to change the Call Forwarding rules?
- It’s simple to change the numbers and the order of forwarding at any time by using your smartphone, tablet, or computer to access your RingCentral account.
- With just a few clicks, you’re able to easily set up and change Call Forwarding rules for individual users or entire departments.
- Users are also able to configure their own individual forwarding rules to suit their work habits and schedules.
- Temporarily bypass your regular settings to forward your calls to a new number, and then select your previous settings to switch back—especially useful for holidays, vacations, or special events.
What will callers experience?
- Callers will first hear the company greeting or, for direct numbers, the individual’s greeting, and then the Auto-Receptionist will ask callers to hold while connecting the call.
- If you’ve activated the setting, the Auto-Receptionist will ask the caller to state their name, and you’ll hear the caller’s name on your phone (or if you’re using the softphone, through your computer’s speakers or headset).
Can calls be forwarded to non-RingCentral numbers?
- Yes. You can forward calls to any number and any device—whether they’re part of your RingCentral system or not.
Can I forward calls to international numbers?
- Yes. Call forwarding lets you send calls to any international number using RingCentral’s low international rates.