cloud phone • Administration
Log in to a shared RingCentral desk phone—and use it like your own—with access to your personal extension, saved settings, voicemail, and more.
Benefits of hot desking
Provides a more personalized and familiar phone experience
- Allows employees to access their own extensions, profiles, voicemail, and other phone features while sitting at desks working in different offices.
Lets users place secure, high-quality calls from more locations
- Easy to learn and use, people can quickly log in to any shared phone from wherever they’re working.
Boosts productivity company-wide
- Lets field sales and remote employees work in a variety of spaces when visiting different offices.
Reduces your investment in facilities and hardware across offices
- Maximizes usage per phone by allowing employees with flexible schedules, remote workers, and those traveling on business to use shared phones while working on premise.
Hot desking FAQs
Which types of RingCentral accounts include hot desking?
- Hot desking is available at no additional charge to all RingCentral MVP Premium and Ultimate customers in the US and Canada.
Do I pay more for this service?
- No. The price is the same.
Which RingCentral phones will work?
RingCentral currently supports Hot Desking on the following phones:
- Cisco 7841 Gigabit Business Phone
- Cisco 8861 Gigabit Color Business Phone
- Cisco 8861 Gigabit Color Business Phone with 1 Expansion Module
- Cisco 8861 Gigabit Color Business Phone with 2 Expansion Modules
- Polycom VVX-311 Gigabit Ethernet Phone
- Polycom VVX-411 Color Gigabit Ethernet Phone
- Polycom VVX-411 Color Gigabit Ethernet Phone with 1 Expansion Module
- Polycom VVX-501 Color Touchscreen
- Polycom VVX-501 Color Touchscreen Phone with 1 Expansion Module
- Polycom VVX-601 Large Color Touchscreen
- Polycom VVX-601 Large Color Touchscreen with 1 Expansion Module
- Polycom VVX150 Business IP Phone
- Polycom VVX250 Business IP Phone
- Polycom VVX350 Business IP Phone
- Polycom VVX450 Business IP Phone
- Polycom VVX450 Business IP Phone with 1 Expansion Module
- Yealink T42S Gigabit Business Phone
- Yealink T46S Gigabit Color Business Phone
- Yealink T46S Gigabit Color Business Phone with 1 Expansion Module
- Yealink T46S Gigabit Color Business Phone with 2 Expansion Modules
Support for additional models will be announced as it becomes available.
Can I use an existing RingCentral phone as a shared phone?
- Yes. If you have an unassigned phone that supports Hot Desking, an Admin can convert it to a Hot Desk / common phone from their online account.
How do I make and receive calls?
- Simply press the “login” soft key (or *90) and enter your extension and PIN. The phone will adopt your extension settings and be ready to use.
Can the previous user be logged out of a shared phone if they forgot to do it themselves?
- Shared phones have a default session timeout of 12 hours. An admin can also log out a specific shared phone anytime from their online account.
More Administration features