cloud phone • Administration
Log in to a shared RingCentral desk phone—and use it like your own—with access to your personal extension, saved settings, voicemail, and more.
Benefits of Hot desking
Provides a more personalised and familiar phone experience
Lets users place secure, high-quality calls from more locations
- Easy to learn and use, the hot desking feature lets employees quickly log in to any shared phone from wherever they’re working.
Boosts productivity company-wide
- Lets field sales and remote employees stay connected with a hot desking phone when visiting different offices.
Reduces your investment in facilities and hardware across offices
- Maximises usage per phone by allowing employees with flexible schedules, remote workers, and those traveling on business to use shared phones while working on premise.
Which types of RingCentral accounts include hot desking?
Do I pay more for a phone enabled with hot desking?
- No. The price is the same.
Which RingCentral phones support hot desking?
- RingCentral currently supports hot desking on the following Polycom models:
Support for additional models will be announced as it becomes available.
Can I use an existing RingCentral phone as a shared phone with hot desking?
- Yes. If you have an unassigned Polycom VVX-501 or VVX-601 phone, an admin can convert it to a shared phone from their online account.
How do I make and receive calls from a shared hot desking phone?
- Simply press the “login” soft key (or *90) and enter your extension and PIN. The phone will adopt your extension settings and be ready to use.
Can the previous user be logged out of a shared phone if they forgot to do it themselves?
- Shared phones have a default session timeout of 12 hours. An admin can also log out a specific shared phone anytime from their online account.
More Administration features