cloud phone • Administration
Log in to a shared RingCentral desk phone—and use it like your own—with access to your personal extension, saved settings, voicemail, and more.
Benefits of Hot desking
- Easy to learn and use, the hot desking feature lets employees quickly log in to any shared phone from wherever they’re working.
- Lets field sales and remote employees stay connected with a hot desking phone when visiting different offices.
- Maximises usage per phone by allowing employees with flexible schedules, remote workers, and those traveling on business to use shared phones while working on premise.
- No. The price is the same.
- RingCentral currently supports hot desking on the following Polycom models:
Support for additional models will be announced as it becomes available.
- Yes. If you have an unassigned Polycom VVX-501 or VVX-601 phone, an admin can convert it to a shared phone from their online account.
- Simply press the “login” soft key (or *90) and enter your extension and PIN. The phone will adopt your extension settings and be ready to use.
- Shared phones have a default session timeout of 12 hours. An admin can also log out a specific shared phone anytime from their online account.
More Administration features