Consider the critical nature of paramedic communications with hospital staff on a patient’s condition or the amount of time wasted every time a retail worker requests more inventory from the warehouse manually. They are the essential workers who have kept hospitals up and running, staffed grocery stores’ and curbside pick-up, and been out in the field keeping all our critical services up and running when we needed them most.
There are approximately 2.7 billion frontline workers globally, which is more than twice the number of desk-based workers. But nevertheless, they have been largely left behind in the video and AI revolution of post-pandemic work tools and have minimal connectivity back to office workers. Frontline workers need to be given the right tools to perform their jobs effectively. Without digital investments, it can lead to siloed work, departmental and geographical gaps.
That’s why we built the RingCentral for frontline workers solution, a next-gen app that includes powerful capabilities for the field including push-to-talk, AI-powered video, live transcription, background noise reduction, file sharing and more – all in one app.
- What is RingCentral for frontline workers?
- Why do essential workers need next-gen communication tools?
- How 3 essential industries can use RingCentral for frontline workers
- 5 key features of RingCentral for frontline workers
- When will this be available?
What is RingCentral for frontline workers?
RingCentral’s frontline workforce solution – which now offers a new push-to-talk capability – provides clear and secure voice communications for frontline teams at the push of a button, enhancing employee- or company-owned mobile devices with walkie-talkie capabilities.
Frontline workers across industries like healthcare, retail, and manufacturing can now use a single device to seamlessly connect and communicate with the rest of their organization, from anywhere with WiFi or cellular internet connectivity.
What’s even better is that it integrates with AI-powered video collaboration in one app, so you can transform your smartphone into a frontline tool, including features like mobile camera sharing, background noise reduction, intelligent video with captions, transcriptions and translations, image sharing, and more.
Why do essential workers need next-gen communication tools?
Our new frontline worker offering empowers seamless communication across every part of a user’s business because it allows users to:
- Relieve app fatigue. Use our next-gen app on personal, work, or already procured multi-purpose rugged devices, eliminating the need to carry multiple devices.
- Listen to live broadcasts, heads up and hands free. Enjoy features like auto-play even on locked devices to listen to critical voice messages while continuing to work with hands.
- Drive ROI through fewer devices and apps. Deliver cost optimization by introducing bring your own device (BYOD) programs and consolidating costs for push to talk, calling, SMS, video camera-sharing, group messaging into one platform.
- Enable next-gen walkie talkie with AI-powered capabilities:. Elevate to AI-powered video and utilize “see what I see” technology for additional context; ask for second opinions; or visually share the current status. Use AI-powered live transcriptions if the setting is too loud for audio, live translations for non-native speakers, or AI noise reduction for clearer voice communications.
- Device interoperability. RingCentral for frontline workers solution is compatible with iOS, Android, and multi-modal devices with no special installation needed. It will also be supported on select ruggedized devices (i.e. bulky, two-way radios) in the near future.
- Reliable and persistent voice. Say goodbye to static, crosstalk, and outside radio interferences. Enjoy 99.999% uptime delivered for 5+ years to keep your frontline teams connected.
- Easy administration. Add or remove users, as well as create or manage channels on all devices instantly to ensure secure access.
- One solution for frontlines and HQ. Connect desk-less to desk-based workers in real-time. With our next-gen communication solution for frontline workers, you bridge departmental gaps and empower frontlines by putting powerful, mobile-centric cloud tools in their pockets.
How 3 essential industries can use RingCentral for frontline workers
Let’s look more closely at the benefits of RingCentral for frontline workers across some of the most relevant fields: healthcare, retail, and manufacturing.
- Patient transfer coordination. Reduce delays by providing instant patient transfer status to reduce delays.
- Patient diagnosis. Get STAT lab order confirmation from a physician to ensure quick patient diagnosis.
- Discharge planning. Communicate with case managers to ensure on-time patient discharges.
- Emergency notifications. Contact the hospital ahead of time for emergency care preparation prior to the patient’s arrival.
- Field care coordination. Provide real-time care plan updates to the home health care team.
💡Read about RingCentral for frontline workers in Forbes magazine
- Respond to customers quickly: Ask a fulfillment associate about product availability to ensure rapid responses to customers.
- Inventory management: Communicate inventory levels easily for efficient reordering and stocking of products.
- Order fulfillment: Connect with warehouse staff in real-time on order status and progress.
- Broadcast storewide news: Send daily announcements, store specials, or urgent information to all store employees.
- Loss prevention: Quickly report suspicious activity and coordinate efforts to prevent theft.
- Task assignments and shift scheduling: Assign tasks to floor personnel or send real-time clock in and out updates.
- Monitoring and tracking: Get real-time updates on production progress without walking across the warehouse.
- Optimize dispatch operations: Communicate with field workers directly from the dispatch interface.
- Safety and emergency response: Broadcast for help in case of an emergency, such as machinery issues, a fire, or other safety hazards.
- Prevent distractions: Leave a channel to silence voice messages for enhanced public safety.
RingCentral for frontline workers: 5 key features
1. Stay heads up and hands free with auto-play
Enable auto-play on locked or unlocked devices to listen in for critical information while on shift. Even if you are operating heavy machinery or on the go as a medical professional where time is of the essence. Listen to voice messages that play automatically the moment they are received to enhance public safety.
2. Integrate with multi-modal devices with no special installation needed
Capitalize on previous hardware investments to drive ROI and productivity with fewer devices and apps. Train your employees fast with what they already have been using.
3. Listen in on multiple channels
Pick a team-specific channel and toggle easily between channels in one click when you are on shift. Leave the channel when your shift is done so you can truly disconnect. Instant, hands-free communication with large teams has never been easier!
4. Intelligent video, transcriptions, and translations
Frontline workers can instantly elevate a voice call to AI-powered video collaboration, introducing AI-powered “see what I see” technology to field teams. Ask for second opinions or visually share their current surroundings. Workers can also leverage AI-powered live transcriptions, or if their location is too loud, then AI noise reduction can make it easier to hear clearer audio.
5. File sharing, team messaging, and more
Connect your frontline and back office workers. RingCentral for frontline workers solution allows frontline workers and back office workers to easily chat via team messaging and share files to power stronger and more effective collaboration.
When is RingCentral for frontline workers available?
RingCentral for frontline workers offering will be available globally as a public beta to customers by the end of March. We are offering it free to try during our beta period for a limited time.
This launch is a culmination of the tireless contributions of so many of our colleagues from Engineering, Product Management, UX, Marketing, Sales, and Support, just to name a few. A big thank you to everyone who worked together to make this possible.
We’re thrilled to offer a new solution for your frontline teams to work as efficiently in the field as your office workers. Click below for more information:
Sign up today by contacting us here. RingCentral for frontline workers is scheduled to be generally available–in both a standalone version and as an add-on to RingCentral MVP–by the end of June.
Originally published Mar 27, 2023, updated Apr 16, 2023