- AAPIHM, recognized in May, honors the history, cultures and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- RingCentral celebrates AAPIHM with influential speakers, virtual events, food pop-ups, and more.
Honoring the AAPI Community
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (AAPIHM), and RingCentral is excited to celebrate the diverse cultures and contributions of the AAPI community throughout the month and beyond. We hope that May will serve as a reminder to honor and appreciate the richness of AAPI heritage and to continue to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our lives.
RingCentral’s Pan-Asian Network
RingCentral’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are affinity organizations that provide employees resources, support, and opportunities to network and build community. Our Pan-Asian Network empowers members to connect, spread awareness, and enables initiatives that help make the world a better, more inclusive place.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at RingCentral
At RingCentral, we believe that our biggest strength is that we’re not all the same. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are at the core of the RingCentral experience. We’re creating a culture where opinions matter and every perspective is valued. By valuing the people, cultures, and contributions made by our diverse community, we help make RingCentral more inclusive and welcoming.
“Celebrating the incredible diversity of our employees is part of our amazing culture. It’s what sets RingCentral apart,” says Alvin Lam, Senior Vice President, Talent and Co-leader of Pan-Asian Network ERG.
In celebration of AAPIHM, RingCentral hosted a range of events meant to honor AAPI heritages and spread awareness about the community.
Check out our AAPIHM events and activities that took place throughout May:
- The Bruce Lee Code
In honor of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, the Pan-Asian Network ERG hosted a speaking engagement featuring Thomas Lee, author of “The Bruce Lee Code” on May 18, 2023.
This highly anticipated book marks the 50th anniversary of Bruce Lee’s untimely death and explores the business strategies prevalent in Lee’s life and teachings that helped him unlock his full potential.
During the event, Thomas Lee discussed his latest work and provided insights into the principles and practices that made Bruce Lee a true icon in the world of martial arts and beyond. It was a unique opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of Lee’s legacy and how his teachings can inspire and recharge America’s creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- The Bruce Lee Code was also given out at the event.
- Stop Asian Hate
In honor of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, the Pan-Asian Network ERG hosted a speaking engagement featuring Ly Nguyen, Director of Corporate Engagement of the Stop AAPI Hate organization on May 24, 2023.
This event aimed to enhance our understanding of the challenges faced by the Asian American community and empower us to contribute to a more inclusive society. We hope you will gain valuable insights into the experiences and impact of hate crimes and discrimination targeting Asian Americans.
- Tai Chi – Expand the limits of the mind & body through a guided Tai Chi practice. Flow through gentle postures and gain health and meditative benefits through this balanced session.
- Bollywood Dance – Bollywood dance is a unique fusion of different dance styles including bhangra dance, hip-hop, Arabic, and jazz dance.
- Pranayama – Practice yogic breathing techniques that cultivate mindfulness and peace. Learn how to align your breath with movement and improve the mind-body connection.
- Vietnamese Coffee Pop Up and Tasting – Explore a modern take on this classic strong and sweet coffee treat featuring Phin Bar and Sang Coffee
- Asian Heritage Celebration – Gear up in your Aloha shirt and enjoy a feast around the world featuring sushi, Korean bbq, and boba!
- Filipino Identity & Stories Through Tattoos – Inspired by the world-famous 106 year old tattoo artist, Whang-Od, our Manila office explored the roots of Filipino identity through tattoos.
The Fabric of our Culture
Celebrating AAPIHM, is one example of how RingCentral can recognize and appreciate the vibrant people who make up our community. It’s also an opportunity for us to reflect on how the AAPI community has bettered RingCentral and the world. By creating a culture of inclusivity, we make space for everyone to belong at RingCentral.
Originally published May 30, 2023, updated Jun 16, 2023