Summer vacations are a time to relax and get away, but in some cases you still may be required to check in with work calls and email. And this year the 4th of July is on a Friday, which means that you may not want to disrupt your barbeque and firework show to answer work calls. Luckily, with RingCentral, it’s easy to customize your call forwarding options so that you can enjoy spending time with your friends and family when it matters most.
Customize your settings by logging into your RingCentral system, either online or right from your smartphone or tablet using the RingCentral mobile app. Here are the steps!
1) Go to your “Settings”
2) Click on “My Extension Settings”
3) Click on “Call Handling and Forwarding”
4) Click the “Advanced” button, then go to “Add Rule” in the middle of the screen
5) Base the rule on “Date and/or Time”. Click “Friday” for the 4th of July or select your date range. Click “Next” and then “Next” again.
6) You have different options to customize your call forwarding. You can forward your work calls to your cell phone, choose to have your calls go straight to voicemail, play a customized announcement saying you are out of the office for the 4th, or unconditionally forward your calls to different devices. It’s that easy!
Use this feature for anytime you have a holiday, take a sick day, or go on vacation. RingCentral call handling and forwarding is so customizable that you can be reached (or not) from any location or device.
Happy Summer Holidays from the RingCentral family to yours!
Originally published Jul 03, 2014, updated Jan 14, 2021