- Team Connect makes it easy to bring groups together before, during, and after meetings
- Dark Theme gives your eyes and battery a break
- Waiting Rooms give hosts full control over who can enter their meetings
- A sneak peek at what’s coming in November
It’s the final stretch. As another month flies by and we inch closer to the holidays, businesses everywhere are looking to finish the year strong. And considering the barrage of transformations we’ve been through, wrapping up 2020 is a goal we can all get behind.
At RingCentral, we’re right there with you, with several new features to RingCentral Office and RingCentral Video that make collaborating with your colleagues more productive—and more fun.
Here’s a look at our latest updates, with a preview of what’s to come in November:
1. Team Connect: create groups from meetings with one click
When it comes to meetings, context is critical before, during, and after. That’s why having a centralized workspace for a meeting keeps important members organized and collaborating at every stage of a project.
Team Connect makes it easier than ever to create those workspaces. You can:
- Create a new messaging group as you schedule a RingCentral meeting
- Link a meeting to an existing group
- Schedule meetings from within an existing group
Learn more about Team Connect in our post, “RingCentral Team Connect keeps meeting momentum going”.
2. Dark Theme: A refreshing new look and feel
A highly requested feature, Dark Theme revamps the RingCentral app’s entire color palette. Rather than a white background with black text, you can opt to have a black background. This is available on PC, mobile, and browser.
To go dark, simply open Settings, select Themes, and choose Dark from the options.
Learn more in our post, “Dark Theme: Better for your eyes and battery”.
3. Waiting Rooms: Another way to secure your meetings
As the need for video meetings rises, so too does the need to keep them secure. Waiting Rooms gives hosts full control over who can enter the meeting room, with the ability to admit or deny participants at any time.
Hosts have a breadth of controls when it comes to Waiting Rooms:
- Keep meetings locked until the host is ready
- Specify which groups of participants can join (e.g certain teams or domain names)
- Admit or deny participants during a meeting
- Move participants to the Waiting Room
Learn more in our post, “How RingCentral Video’s new Waiting Rooms keep your meetings secure”
Coming in November
In addition to the capabilities above—which are available now—here’s a sneak peek of what’s coming in November:
- Account admins will be able to control who in the company can invite external users to join a group (currently, anyone can invite a guest).
- Company admins and authorized users who export their company messaging history for compliance purposes or internal review will soon have the ability to filter by specific teams and users.
We’re excited to continue innovating and creating better ways for you to collaborate. Visit us at ringcentral.com to learn more or go to your RingCentral Office app to try out these new features today.
Originally published Oct 27, 2020