In today’s fast-paced business environment, the ability to communicate effectively and seamlessly is more important than ever. Organizations across the globe are exploring ways to boost both internal and external collaboration, particularly as remote work and international operations become the norm.
Since 2020, Microsoft Teams has gained popularity for its robust team messaging and video conferencing capabilities, seamlessly integrating with Microsoft’s extensive productivity tools suite.
However, as businesses increasingly rely on Microsoft Teams to stay connected, they can be subject to serious disruptions to their business when Teams suffers an extended outage, emphasizing the importance of a solid business continuity plan.
Minimizing disruption with RingCentral for Microsoft Teams
RingCentral for Microsoft Teams, including both direct routing and the embedded app solutions, proved invaluable to thousands of customers during such times. Users were able to maintain open lines of communication and collaboration, unaffected by the outage.
Integrating RingCentral within Teams not only enhances the platform with cloud calling, SMS, fax, and more during regular operations but also, boasting over four years of 99.999% reliability, RingCentral steps in as a reliable business continuity safeguard in the event of Teams downtime.
How does it work?
Should the Teams app experience downtime, RingCentral remains readily accessible. Users can opt for our web-based app, which requires no download, or leverage our desktop and mobile applications. Accessing RingCentral through a browser is also a favored option, streamlining user access and reducing IT management overhead.
More than business continuity
While RingCentral for Microsoft Teams is the ultimate business continuity solution when Teams is down, it creates much more value for our end users. Customers choose RingCentral for Teams for:
- Reliability: Our 99.999% uptime SLA means less than six minutes of downtime per year – and we’ve delivered that for more than four consecutive years.
- Flexibility: With both the embedded app and direct routing, you have the flexibility to choose the solution that best fits your budget and user needs.
- Advanced PBX capabilities: Advanced call queuing, heads-up display, and more give phone power users the tools they need to succeed.
- SMS and fax: Get a single number for phone, fax, and SMS, all in Teams
- Analytics: Get the analytics solution that analysts agree lead the market. No expensive PowerBI license or data science degree needed.
- Integrations: Supercharge communications workflows by embedding RingCentral into your CRM, browser, or productivity suite.
Want to see RingCentral for Teams in action? Check out this product tour!
Originally published Jan 30, 2024