- Contact centers with a hybrid workforce can make use of Chrome Enterprise to facilitate communications between agents and customers.
- RingCentral contact center solutions and Chrome Enterprise have recently partnered to provide contact centers with more effective tools to provide optimal customer service.
- In addition to a seamless customer experience, this partnership can enhance agent productivity in contact centers.
Has your contact center gone hybrid? 2021 Deloitte research found that 75% of contact centers will move at least partially to the cloud in the next two years.
Cloud-based contact center solutions can support a hybrid work model. For example, RingCentral recently partnered with Google’s Chrome Enterprise to make hybrid work even more accessible for contact center agents and enhance customer service offerings for organizations with a high percentage of remote workers.
⭐ Take your contact center to a whole new level ⭐
Next-Gen Cloud Contact Centers for Dummies®, RingCentral Special Edition eBook
Remote work is not a novelty, but since the pandemic, working from home has become more commonplace. Over the past couple of years, organizations have been forced to reimagine how they handle customer service as a larger portion of their workforce worked remotely. Further, businesses have had to reexamine how they communicate with customers as physical visits into brick-and-mortar locations diminished.
To stay competitive, businesses need to become increasingly customer-centric, while simultaneously boosting employee experience. The two go hand-in-hand: happy employees make happy customers, and vice versa.
To provide the best agent and customer experiences, significant changes in the contact center must be made. More specifically, implementing innovative digital technology will help accommodate hybrid workforces while meeting customers’ needs.
The evolution of the contact center emphasizes the importance of contact center as a service (CCaaS), a cloud-based customer experience solution to enable organizations to use specific technology for customer service purposes. Modern CCaaS cloud-based solutions allow contact centers to leverage the web browser to enhance customer-agent interactions and create a customer-centric culture.
These services will also facilitate hybrid work arrangements, allowing agents to work from wherever they are while still providing top-notch customer service. Unlike conventional contact centers that require cumbersome hardware, CCaaS is centered more on cloud deployment, merging artificial intelligence (AI), automation, and Workforce Experience Management (WEM).
Google Chrome Enterprise helps power the operating systems, browsers, and devices that businesses need to support their workforces through the cloud. RingCentral UCaaS and CCaaS solutions are optimized to operate on Chrome OS and Chrome endpoints. All RingCentral solutions can leverage Chrome.
RingCentral offers two contact center options: Engage Voice and Engage Digital. These offerings promise a more consistent user interface and experience on operating systems like macOS, Windows, and Linux, as well as Chrome OS devices like Chromebooks and Chromeboxes.
Engage Voice. This platform is designed for outbound contact center communications and features multiple dialers, including:
- Manual dialers
- Preview dialers
- Progressive dialers
- Predictive dialers
Engage Voice also includes customizable agent scripting to communicate the appropriate message for different campaigns. Remote agents can easily access Engage Voice to leverage all its features.
Engage Digital. Everything agents need to do their jobs is provided through RingCentral’s Engage Digital, including support across several social media channels, email, and chat channels. Engage Digital makes use of routing that utilizes AI and machine learning to route contacts to the appropriate agent. It also identifies trends and opportunities through social media review aggregation.
RingCentral is recognized by Chrome Enterprise for both UCaaS and CCaaS solutions, which meet Google’s high standards for the Chrome browser and Chrome OS.
Companies that implement RingCentral’s UCaaS and CCaaS can take advantage of several perks, including the following:
- Meet customers on any channel. Customers have multiple communication channels to choose from for interacting with contact centers. RingCentral’s solutions offer over 20 different digital communication channels, including automated and AI-backed self-service options for customers who wish to tackle their troubleshooting on their own. This includes AI-powered chatbots that provide impeccable self-service with high-quality voice.
- Collaboration with a hybrid workforce. Contact centers with a combination of on-prem and remote workers can continue to provide excellent customer service via UCaas and CCaas solutions from RingCentral. With these digital tools, agents can collaborate beyond the confines of the contact center through chat and video to resolve customer issues and answer queries.
- Easier onboarding and training. Digital solutions allow contact center supervisors to streamline the onboarding and training process for new hires and keep up with ongoing training for existing workers. No matter where each agent is working from, cloud-based solutions from RingCentral enable contact centers to keep agents up-to-date to continue delivering excellent customer service.
- Better ROI. Rather than dealing with multiple vendors, businesses need only work with a single point of contact for all their digital solutions. RingCentral offers state-of-the-art software and top-notch support to help organizations implement solutions to build and scale their business.
Combining RingCentral’s cloud-based contact center solutions with Chrome OS and endpoints comes with plenty of perks, including the following:
- Increased agent productivity. Many people are already familiar with the Chrome OS interface and Engage, both of which make it easy for agents to maximize their productivity while accommodating remote work. Chrome OS can help save agents as many as three hours of work per week in productivity, according to a recent Forrester Total Economic Impact report.
- Strong, compliant protection for businesses and customers. With Chrome OS ransomware protection and RingCentral’s secure platform and proactive application upgrades, businesses can always remain compliant with industry standards and ensure security across devices and applications. Chrome also provides IT managers with more insight and control over core systems and supplemental elements.
- Seamless user experience. Agents can quickly and easily onboard with less training required. IT can manage enhancements centrally to ensure consistency in UI.
Now more than ever, contact centers with a growing remote workforce need integrated digital communication solutions. According to recent studies, the pandemic has triggered a permanent change in workplace arrangements, even as many workers return to in-person workplaces. These changes require more advanced technologies to facilitate communications and information sharing, which RingCentral can provide.
Read the full paper on the recent partnership between RingCentral and Google, which promises to strengthen and streamline contact center communication solutions.
Originally published Aug 09, 2022, updated Dec 30, 2022