Nielsen reports that almost half of U.S. mobile subscribers (49.7%, to be precise) now own smartphones. And almost half of that group (48 percent) own an Android device. In addition, a recent survey by AT&T found, 85% of small businesses have adopted smartphones, with first-time buyers favoring Android devices by a wide margin.
RingCentral already offers VoIP calling for iPhones. So we’re excited to announce that VoIP is now possible on Android phones, too, thanks to the newly released RingCentral app for Android. With VoIP, your phone uses your data plan (or Wi-Fi, when available) to enable voice calls, so you don’t have to consume minutes from your carrier’s plan.
RingCentral’s cloud-based business phone system offers flexible and mobile communication options that go well beyond traditional cellular voice services. With the introduction of VoIP calling for Android, we offer a full mobile calling solution for business customers. Version 3.1 of the RingCentral app for Android is now available for download from the Play Store.
Now, with your Android smartphone, you can:
- Place VoIP calls using available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G LTE mobile data connections – without using cell-phone minutes
- Receive incoming calls directly from the app and forward calls to your cellular numbers
- Enjoy the full call control you’re used to with RingCentral: mute, put calls on hold, switch callers, use keypad tones and use Bluetooth headsets
- Get enhanced voice quality, thanks to our microphone calibration wizard, echo cancellation and noise reduction
- Make multiple simultaneous calls
- Enjoy improved application performance
We’re excited to provide our business customers with mobile apps that help them get better value from their smartphones.
Please download the RingCentral app from the Play Store and give it a spin. Leave us a comment and let us know what you think!
Originally published Mar 28, 2012, updated Dec 17, 2020