The Next Evolution of Unified Communications is Collaborative Communications
RingCentral goes bigger with more countries, more features, more collaboration.
These days, there’s a lot of companies tackling the team messaging and collaboration space, but there’s only one company doing it in a very unique and powerful way – that company is RingCentral.
I’m proud to share the unveiling of RingCentral’s vision around the new era of Collaborative Communications – which goes beyond unifying different modes of communication; it delivers an all-in-one user experience that changes the way people communicate, share content, and manage projects — all with the goal to get more work done with less effort.
This is a big week for RingCentral as we expand the reach, depth, and capability of our core software and deliver on our vision for collaborative communications. Here’s an overview:
- Next-generation RingCentral Office. We’re bringing all workplace communication and collaboration into a single user experience. The goal: allow customers to communicate, collaborate and connect with a single sign-on and unified interface. A recent survey conducted by Ipsos on behalf of RingCentral found that the average worker uses 5 to 6 communication tools, including single-point solutions for audio/video conferencing, web sharing and other functions. Our goal: give customers a single tool that combines all required communications and collaboration experiences. Here’s what’s new:
- Reimagined collaborative-centric communications: Easy-to-use, unified experience for team messaging, audio, video, fax, SMS, collaboration, and conferencing. With this new release, all of these capabilities are now provided in a simple, elegant, and consistent user experience across mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
- Expanded open platform with team messaging APIs, plus chatbots and AI support: Open APIs and SDKs for customers to embed messaging, collaboration and task automation functionality into their business workflows and applications. Interfaces with chatbot frameworks, including Hubot, Lita, and Botkit, to streamline decision-making and information-sharing.
- 40 out-of-the-box integrations: 40 new team messaging integrations, including Salesforce, Zoho, Marketo, ServiceNow, Confluence and Cloze.
- Geographic expansion. RingCentral’s rapid growth to date has largely been powered by the North American market – but now we’re dramatically expanding our global reach. This week, we’re launching natively in 13 countries across Europe, with local presence and Euro-denominated billing. (The new countries include France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Portugal, Switzerland and Luxembourg). The expansion substantially increases our addressable market, but we’re not finished: expect further additions in the months ahead.
- We’re also adding important new enterprise real-time analytics. In-depth quality of service analytics enables IT to enhance user experience; live reports on customer interactions improve overall business performance.
- Real Time Quality of Service Analytics gives enterprise IT teams the ability to anticipate and diagnose any voice quality of service issues impacting users globally before they escalate to critical problems.
- RingCentral Live Reports empowers business department leaders to track customer interactions in real time to ensure they are receiving the best customer service.
Visions of unified communications have proven elusive for more than a decade. Collaborative communications is the next frontier, a simple way of empowering people to communicate and collaborate without barriers. At RingCentral, we’re excited to deliver this new era of business communications.