Not Your Ordinary Business Phone Numbers
Telephone numbers that come with the best cloud-hosted communications solution
Why get a virtual phone number for business?
Your company telephone number is the number one point of contact customers have to your company. While there’s been an increase in use of other point of contact channels like email and chat, there is nothing more reassuring than having an actual person answering your call. Having a dedicated number for your company and its branches also adds to your credibility as an organization.
Conventional landlines, however, have limitations. To get the most out of it, you’d need to spend more for additional features like SMS, fax, and call forwarding options. Having an on-premise PBX could help, but it would require you to set up on-site hardware that will cost you thousands up front.
Fortunately, RingCentral offers affordable business numbers that are supported by one of the best virtual phone systems in the industry. Instead of conventional landlines, your company gets a virtual phone number that is not tethered to physical lines. RingCentral business numbers can be accessed from anywhere and on any mobile device, which means employees won’t need to use their personal cell phone plans to make calls. They can simply use the RingCentral mobile app and use their company number.
- Expensive on-site hardware paid up-front
- Complex implementations mean additional fees
- Early termination fees for required contracts
- Service and hardware upgrades come at a price
- Premium technical support calls for additional fees
- Maintenance requires specialized manpower
- Service changes require lengthy processes
Virtual phone service
- Does not require on-site hardware
- Quick and easy implementations
- No long term contracts that tie down your business
- Upgrades and updates are rolled out for free
- Free 24/7 technical support
- Configure and manage the system from anywhere
- Easily add or re-assign digital lines and extensions
Why customers choose RingCentral
Specially made for business
Access features and functionalities designed to help your business and your workforce communicate better. Get unlimited VoIP and conferencing with features like SMS, faxing, and team messaging.
Mobile and flexible cloud-based system
The modern VoIP system not only provides a reliable and unlimited telephony solution but it also includes features like caller ID, video conferencing, SMS, and even faxing to help businesses communicate better.
Quick and convenient installation
No need for complicated installations. Have your phone service up and running in a day. Easily configure and manage your phone system from an online dashboard.
Secure and reliable cloud phone system
RingCentral provides your business peace of mind knowing that all your communications are protected during the entire transmission journey. Data travels through encrypted networks with layers of authentication for additional security.
Premium technical support
From day one, RingCentral will assist you in setting up and configuring your phone system. Our award-winning customer support team will provide you with expert technical support, consultations, and best-practice recommendations.
Great value with no hidden costs
Get a single, all-inclusive bill with no hidden costs. RingCentral provides your business with a powerful cloud communications system for one affordable price. No additional fees for premium features.
RingCentral plans for your small business
PAY ANNUALLY AND SAVE UP TO 33%.
- No limit on number of users
- Business phone numbers in over 100 countries
- Unlimited internet fax
- Unlimited audio conferencing
- Video meetings with up to 100 participants
- Up to 24-hour meeting duration
- Quality-of-service reports
Popular integrations including
Office 365, G Suite, Slack,
- 24/7 support
Message, Video, Phone, Open Platform
- Automatic call recording
- Single Sign-on
- Multi-site admin and management
- Up to 8-digit extensions with site codes
- Hot desking
- Advanced call handling including whisper, barge, and more
- Video meetings with up to 200 participants
- Real-time analytics
- Popular CRM integrations with Salesforce, Zendesk, and more
- Industry-specific integrations with Canvas, Smarsh, and more
- Developer platform and custom integrations
Business phone or toll-free numbers
Unlimited calls within the US/CA*
Unlimited Business SMS
Visual voicemail and voicemail-to-email
Call management and phone system
- Answering rules
- Call forwarding
- Call transfer
- Call screening
- Call flip
- Call logs
- Shared lines*
- Call park
Call log reports
Unlimited internet fax
Unlimited audio conferencing
Video meetings and participants
Premium with RingCentral Video (up to 200)
Premium with RingCentral Meetings (up to 100)
Standard with RingCentral Video (up to 100)
Standard with RingCentral Meetings (up to 4)
G Suite, Slack, and more
Multi-level auto attendant
Developer platform and custom integrations
How to get a business phone number
Getting a phone number for your organization is pretty straightforward with RingCentral. As you sign up for any RingCentral plan, you will be asked to indicate the type of number you need (toll-free or local) and you will be presented with the available numbers. It’s just a matter of choosing what most appeals to you and finishing the sign-up process.
Once you have an account with RingCentral, you can add more numbers by simply going to your dashboard. You can then go to Phone Numbers, then choose the Add Number option.
From there, you can choose from the available numbers. You can assign it as a company number or to an individual through their extension.
If you happen to be happy with your current number but want a better business phone system, you also have the option to keep it when you make the shift to RingCentral. Just sign up for a plan and someone from RingCentral will help you port your number.
Choosing the Right business telephone number
Each organization is unique. The needs of one company is usually different from the needs of another company. The same thing applies to business numbers.
You have different options for your company’s number, and what works for another might not work for your own needs. That’s why it is important for you to know your options.
There are different types of numbers for businesses, and RingCentral can provide you with each one. Here are your choices:
- Toll-free numbers – If your company is looking to establish a national presence across multiple states or even the whole country, then RingCentral toll-free numbers are the right option for your business. RingCentral plans include generous toll-free minutes, and if you need more, the company also offers low-cost toll-free minute bundles.
- Local phone numbers – If your company, however, is looking to make your presence known in a specific region or locale, RingCentral also offers local phone numbers from over 200 area codes across the US. You don’t even need to have an office in that state to purchase a virtual phone number with its specific area code. You can operate in New York and have a Los Angeles number.
- IInternational phone numbers – RingCentral also gives you the option to get international phone numbers if you are looking to establish a virtual presence in a different country. It will serve as a caller ID for your company in that country, even if you have no physical office there. You can choose numbers for over 75 countries.
- Vanity phone numbers – Another thing you can do is customize your phone number to make it more memorable. For an extra fee, you can create a vanity phone number to represent your organization.
Whatever you choose, you can be sure that RingCentral has got you covered. Your voice and other data transmissions are protected by robust encryption, ensuring they are safe from breaches. The best part is that your number will be backed by the leading unified communications solution in the market, which includes call management features like call forwarding, caller ID, call screening, call recording, and more. You and your users can also access these virtual phone numbers from anywhere through the RingCentral mobile app, which you can install in cell phones and other mobile devices. Check out RingCentral today and choose the number that is perfect for your company’s needs.
The Best RingCentral Features You Can Have with Your Business Phone Number
With the limitations of a conventional landline and the expenses of setting up an on-premise system, companies can look to the cloud for a better solution. RingCentral provides organizations with business numbers that are supported by an industry-leading cloud communications service. This means your company will have a number that’s meant to be used as efficiently as possible with top features like:
- Auto-attendant and call routing – All incoming phone calls will be answered by an automatic answering service and routed to the right person or department. This feature can be customized; you can even hire professional voice artists to give your callers the best first impression you can make on them.
- Answering Rules – Customize how your company answers incoming phone calls. If you want, you can set operating hours where all calls during your 9-5 shift will be answered and routed, while calls that fall outside those hours can go straight to voicemail.
- Hold Music or Messages – Hold times can be annoying, but hold music can at least reduce the stress of waiting for the agent to respond with the information the caller needed. It can also be an opportunity. Instead of music, you can broadcast messages like new promos or new policies while the caller is on hold. On-hold music or messages are totally customizable in cloud telephony.
Aside from these features, RingCentral also empowers your users with tools that can help them handle phone calls more effectively like:
- Call forwarding – Your employees can now take their calls from wherever they are by forwarding them to their home phone or mobile phone. Employees can even customize how calls are forwarded to different numbers. Calls forwarded can be sent to different numbers chronologically, simultaneously, or a mix of both.
- Call screening – Your employees have complete control over who can reach them. They can accept calls, ask callers to identify themselves, or outright block specific numbers or unwanted callers. Users can even send calls directly to voicemail.
- Caller ID – Aside from inbound caller ID, which allows users to see the number or caller ID of the person calling, there is also outbound caller ID, which gives users options to choose which caller ID will appear on the recipient’s end.
In addition to this, RingCentral phone numbers are not exclusively for making and receiving calls. Your company and its users can also use it to send and receive faxes as well as business SMS. You and your employees can even use these numbers to host or join conference calls or online meetings.
With all these features, there is no reason for you to choose a regular number. Choose the business phone number with the best communications solution. Sign up now for a free trial and discover more things you can do with RingCentral.