cloud phone • Calling and Mobility
Call Routing and Answering Rules
Get advanced call routing capabilities and a wide range of options for your company number, extensions, and departments.
Benefits of Answering Rules
- Create and manage answering rules any time from any web-enabled computer or device.
- Use custom answering rules to have family members or important clients forwarded directly to a personal cell phone; direct all other calls to office phones or voicemail.
- Have calls automatically forwarded to any phone in the world.
- Customize days and hours of operation with specific routing rules and greetings.
- Give each employee and department their own business hours and create unique answering rules as needed.
- Play custom greetings during specified date ranges, for holidays, vacations, and special events.
- Set after-hours rules to route calls to a home phone number, directly to voicemail, or elsewhere, or any number.
- Routing schedule allows calls to your sales department to transfer to one agent on Mondays and Wednesdays, and to another agent the rest of the week.
- Apply different rules to different numbers if your company has more than one RingCentral number.
- Useful for maintaining multiple company names, or to track individual marketing campaigns.
Answering Rules - FAQs
- Yes. You can record multiple greetings and have the system play your greetings on a day and time schedule.
- Yes. You can change your forwarding options according to the day of the week and time of the day.
- Yes. You can allow certain contacts to get through to your RingCentral number during vacations, off-hours, or any time of day or night. Another rule can be configured to simultaneously send all other callers to voicemail or to another phone number, such as a business partner’s number.
More Calling and Mobility features