Unlike with a live operator, the auto attendant means you’ll never miss customer service calls—or sales opportunities. Customize your virtual answering service to route calls to the appropriate department, extension, or voicemail inbox, even outside of office hours.
Benefits of an auto attendant:
- If a change is needed while the account administrator is out of the office, he or she can quickly and conveniently modify the virtual receptionist settings from any device—including smartphones and tablets—with the RingCentral mobile app.
- Customize greetings and route incoming calls based on business hours, the date, or a date range. For example, you can establish automated answering rules for the holiday selling season, and then set them to revert automatically after the season is over.
- Forward calls to any extension, to an outside line, or directly to voicemail. The outside line can be any phone number in the US or anywhere in the world.
- Set advanced rules that provide special handling for calls with specific caller ID information, such as certain suppliers, customers, or investors.
- Advanced rules can also be set for incoming calls to specific phone numbers. For example, if your organization creates a phone number for a special promotion, you can set rules so that the caller will hear a relevant greeting and set of options.
- With the multi-level auto attendant feature, you can create an account-wide call routing rule to handle incoming calls for multiple office locations or for special demands in language selections. For example, you can set up your system to:
- Direct callers to an office location within your organization, for example: “Press 1 for New York office. Press 2 for Chicago office. Press 3 for Los Angeles office.”
- Direct callers based on their language selection, for example: “Press 1 for English. Marque 2 para Español.”
Auto attendant FAQs:
- The account administrator manages the auto attendant, which establishes answering rules for the main company number.