RingCentral Auto-Receptionist serves as a virtual receptionist service, greeting your callers and routing them directly to employees, departments, or any phone in the world.
Unlike with a live operator, the auto attendant means you’ll never miss customer service calls—or sales opportunities. Customize your virtual answering service to route calls to the appropriate department, extension, or voicemail inbox, even outside of office hours.
Benefits of an auto attendant:
A sophisticated virtual receptionist provides effective call management.
- RingCentral Auto-Receptionist is a sophisticated auto attendant automated phone system that handles calls to your main company number.
- Use this automated answering service to welcome callers with a custom company greeting. For example, announce employee and department extensions to allow callers to select the appropriate extension. Or, you can use a professionally recorded greeting with the voice of your choice.
- Filter and manage call flow, ensuring all calls are answered promptly and routed properly—so you can provide a better experience for your customers.
- The auto attendant can Route callers to the dial-by-name directory so they reach the appropriate destination, specific employee or department extension.
Customize the virtual receptionist system for your company’s needs.
- If a change is needed while the account administrator is out of the office, he or she can quickly and conveniently modify the virtual receptionist settings from any device—including smartphones and tablets—with the RingCentral mobile app.
- Customize greetings and route incoming calls based on business hours, the date, or a date range. For example, you can establish automated answering rules for the holiday selling season, and then set them to revert automatically after the season is over.
- Forward calls to any extension, to an outside line, or directly to voicemail. The outside line can be any phone number in the US or anywhere in the world.
- Set advanced rules that provide special handling for calls with specific caller ID information, such as certain suppliers, customers, or investors.
- Advanced rules can also be set for incoming calls to specific phone numbers. For example, if your organization creates a phone number for a special promotion, you can set rules so that the caller will hear a relevant greeting and set of options.
- With the multi-level auto attendant feature, you can create an account-wide call routing rule to handle incoming calls for multiple office locations or for special demands in language selections. For example, you can set up your system to:
- Direct callers to an office location within your organization, for example: “Press 1 for New York office. Press 2 for Chicago office. Press 3 for Los Angeles office.”
- Direct callers based on their language selection, for example: “Press 1 for English. Marque 2 para Español.”
Auto attendant FAQs:
Is Auto-Receptionist included with my RingCentral Office® plan?
- Yes. All editions of RingCentral Office include the auto attendant feature at no additional cost.
How can I use answering rules options?
- You can forward calls to another number or to multiple phone numbers.
- Send callers directly to voicemail.
- Play an announcement only, and then end the call.
- Use unconditional forwarding to forward calls directly to a different phone number, bypassing any greetings.
- Set the connecting message, for example: “Please hold while I try to connect you.”
- Choose from various music selections to play while calls are connecting or on hold.
What greeting options are available?
- You can use the preconfigured default greeting for your account, or record and use your own voice for your company greeting.
- Another option is to hire professional voice talent to record your custom company greeting.
- Individual users are able to customize greetings for their extensions.
Who controls the auto attendant feature?
- The account administrator manages the auto attendant, which establishes answering rules for the main company number.