At RingCentral, our mission is to make your working life more pleasant by powering the critical tools you use everyday. In a time when businesses are striving for efficiency while maintaining customer experience, they look to us to embed the benefits of AI automation and acceleration. It’s not just about making each individual more productive, but also unlocking new ways of working as a team that’s greater than the sum of their parts.
Crafted towards these goals, our Q3 RingCentral MVP innovations help your teams unify their forces and use AI to augment human creativity and productivity, not replace it. Let’s dig into what’s new.
- RingSense for Phone: AI call transcripts, summaries & sentiment
- RingSense for Sales: New first to market innovations for revenue teams
- The first compliant cloud telephony provider in India
- The most empowering user call handling on the market
- Enhanced Microsoft Teams integration
- Webinar Live Streaming and Rooms Scheduling Display
- Team Messaging and General App Enhancements
Our highly anticipated launch of RingSense for Phone is here! Think of it as your personal AI assistant at the office, for any knowledge worker. It uses AI to capture and summarize your calls and to speed up knowledge and information retrieval. Feature set includes real-time and post call transcriptions and closed captioning, generative summaries, highlights, topics, keywords and sentiment scoring.
Empower employees to enhance comprehension while also improving workplace accessibility. Underlining our commitment to keeping all interactions within the bounds of regulations, RingCentral offers an audible notice of transcriptions if turned on (optional) for compliance purposes.
AI automation and Post-Call Review
Automating note taking is probably our most beloved outcome yet. Users can now review post call transcripts at any moment, ensuring they can focus on the calls without missing out on vital details. Data management and uniformity are more efficient than ever with downloadable, searchable word-for-word transcripts. But the real game-changer is the AI-generated summaries, highlights, and keyword detection, ensuring users get to the heart of the information they are looking for swiftly. Moreover, playback features tailored to specific speakers or topics make reviewing calls a sinch.
Sentiment Scoring with Actionable Insights
After calls, it’s crucial to have a plan for next actions, and RingSense for Phone has you covered. It captures next steps and levels up actionable insights after every recorded conversation. It’s like a giant magnet that pulls out gems of information from the sea of unstructured data. Sentiment scoring adds another layer of intelligence. By analyzing positive and negative sentiments (of all speakers) and showcasing metrics ranging from talk time, energy levels to longest monologues, RingCentral ensures every interaction is moving your business forward towards improving customer experiences.
💡DID YOU KNOW💡– we were first to market with these game changing AI features in RingCentral Video too? Learn more here.
Our aim with RingSense is to create AI powered innovations that compliment human labor: Automate menial tasks in a human-like manner, providing round-the-clock service, and delivering significant time and cost savings.
In an effort to purpose-build conversation intelligence capabilities for the sales experience, we’re unveiling various new sales specific integrations. Users can now integrate RingSense for Sales with Salesforce, Hubspot, Microsoft Dynamics, Zoho, Gmail, Outreach, Connect & Sell, and Microsoft Outlook Calendar. This update automates data management and enhances tracking efficiency.
We are excited to announce that RingCentral is first to market with AI explainability in all our RingSense instances (RingSense for Sales and RingSense for Phone). While other intelligence tools may provide outputs, RingSense goes a step further by shedding light on the rationale behind AI’s predictions. We provide clear, understandable reasons why the AI perceives engagement to be high or low or why it predicts a customer’s intent to purchase. This transparency not only ensures users are better informed but also builds confidence and trust in our proprietary AI model. Also, it leaves your employees in the driver’s seat – to override the AI’s predictions or suggestions if needed.
Refined Deal Scoring Capabilities
We’ve also advanced our deal scoring algorithm to provide even more nuanced insight into pipeline health. Our improved system provides a granular analysis of deal progression, enabling you to identify opportunities and manage risks proactively, ensuring strategic and agile decision-making.
Two significant features that will be coming later this quarter:
- AI Coaching: Leverages the power of AI to provide sellers with personalized, actionable feedback. By analyzing customer sentiment and sales behaviors, the AI coach presents insightful recommendations to refine interactions and elevate customer engagement.
- AI Win/Loss Analysis: Automates win/loss reporting by extracting essential data from sales conversations. This feature is designed to provide strategic insights into sales performance–driving efficiency and enhancing sales outcomes.
We welcomed Canada to the party! We launched in Canada this summer and the market is eager for AI. We’ve made some solid progress with many Canadian customers so stay tuned for customer case studies soon.
Unlocking access to a global economic hub
Gartner estimates IT communications services spending in India to reach $24.7B in 2023. As more global corporations turn to India to grow satellite offices and develop technology hubs, they need fully compliant solutions to ensure business continuity and peace of mind. While noncompliant cloud solutions are technically available in India, organizations using these services run the risk of audits which can shut services down with little-to-no notice.
We proudly announced this quarter that RingCentral is the first global cloud provider to offer fully compliant cloud phone system services in India. RingCentral passed key regulatory certifications by the Department of Telecommunications (DOT) India and Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), enabling organizations with a presence in India to access cloud phone capabilities to ease communication with employees, customers, and everyone in between. Customers operating in India can purchase Global MVP Select phone capabilities.
Our new call handling enhancements – driven by customer feedback – are specially designed to empower small and medium-sized business productivity and automation. Your employees now have the flexibility to create custom call rules directly from their desktop and mobile apps.
We’ve also expanded options for personalized greetings, custom ring settings, on the user level. Fancy setting up a special greeting message for your special clients or callers? Or do you want to determine the number of rings before a call goes to voicemail? The choice is now all yours.
Unified view for admins
We’ve updated the Admin Portal settings to align perfectly with the user app settings. This not only gives admins a consolidated view but also empowers them to assist users more effectively.
A new Call Rule Wizard
We’ve also introduced our all-new custom call rule wizard, a tool that lets you create special rules in just a few clicks. It’s simple, it’s efficient, and it’s designed to make your life easier.
We announced the GA release of a redesigned, revamped, and recharged RingCentral for Microsoft Teams 2.0 this quarter. This faster loading, telephony centric integration brings the best of RingCentral into Teams.
New features include:
- Automated presence sync between RingCentral & Teams – Statuses are automatically synced between RingCentral and Microsoft Teams, ensuring the true availability of users is accurately reflected. When users take a call in RingCentral (even on a desk phone!) their status in Teams will be updated to “Busy.”
- Faster load times – the fastest loading RingCentral app yet for Teams!
- New mobile app experience – The full power of RingCentral’s industry-leading telephony in the Microsoft Teams mobile app, keeping your employees fully connected on the go.
- Unified directory (contact search) – Contacts from both Microsoft and RingCentral directories are now searchable in RingCentral for Microsoft Teams.
💡CHECK OUT OUR TEAMS EXPERIENCE💡– in this interactive product tour
Users are now able to livestream RingCentral Webinars to YouTube. This provides an array of benefits specifically to marketing teams including:
- Extended Reach: By leveraging platforms like YouTube, marketers can reach larger audiences. For instance, your business might have followers on YouTube who aren’t on your email list or who haven’t registered for the webinar. With streaming, those followers can be reached directly.
- Enhanced Brand Visibility: Streaming on platforms like YouTube can help companies boost their online visibility. Videos on these platforms can be discovered by a broader audience, leading to increased brand awareness and potential business opportunities.
- Integration with Other Marketing Efforts: The ability to share a YouTube livestream link across social media, in emails, or on a company website allows for seamless integration with other marketing efforts. This can drive more viewers to the livestream and enhance overall marketing campaigns.
💡 NEW: We now also have an Events solution! RingCentral Events (formerly Hopin Events), allows you to create immersive virtual and hybrid event experiences. RingCentral Events includes a full virtual venue with stage, sessions, networking, and expo areas.
Rooms Scheduling Display:
RingCentral Rooms now allows you to configure an additional tablet to be used as a scheduling display. This tablet can then be placed on a wall right outside of a meeting room, allowing employees to view the availability of the room, and book the room as needed.
We’ve reimagined our Messaging experience to make connecting with your teams easier. New Messaging enhancements include:
- New Message layout: Allows users more flexibility, with new custom settings for viewing conversations. We’ve also zapped all your favorite old features like mentions, bookmarks, and the compose button to the top of the top menu, where people intuitively found and understood it.
- Pop-out message window: Messaging can now be used in compact mode and popped out as a new window that allows an easier way to multi-task.
- Message previews: Preview messages on desktop before clicking into them to quickly scan the first sentence of the message. We’ve allowed for this feature to be customized per user – toggle it on or off, whatever you prefer.
Say goodbye to the hassle of logging in and out of different RingCentral accounts to switch and check for updates.
Driven by customer feedback, you can now login to and switch between different RingCentral accounts without having to logout, saving you time and ensuring you stay up to date across all of your RingCentral accounts.
Whether you’re managing personal and professional accounts or multiple businesses, account switching makes it easy to manage your various identities and roles.
To ensure you don’t miss out on these exciting new features, make sure you’re on the latest app update – 23.2.30. Don’t forget to bookmark our What’s New webpage quarterly to keep up with the latest and greatest!
Originally published Sep 19, 2023, updated Nov 03, 2023