The conversation around remote working has reached fever pitch. With so many businesses deciding to tell their employees to work from home, many people are adopting remote working for the first time. Fortunately, today’s technology helps make remote working a viable reality for many companies, so in theory the transition could be seamless.
As UCaaS plays a big role in shaping the future of work by enabling remote working, we hear from a lot of clients that using UCaaS to facilitate remote working has helped their businesses thrive. If you want to know how to use remote working to help your business, there’s a few posts I recommend to help get you started.
Before Remote Working
Applying remote working in your business:
- Guide 1: Set up remote working in your own business
- Guide 2: Increase business productivity through remote working
- Guide 3: Set up a working from home policy for your business
As an employee wanting to make a great business case for remote working:
- Guide 1: Ultimate guide to telecommuting
- Guide 2: How large businesses benefit from remote working
- Guide 3: The pros and cons of remote working
- Guide 4: How commuting costs businesses
As a job seeker looking for remote working opportunities:
UCaaS and Remote Working
UCaaS really helps enable remote working by providing a consolidated platform of communications and collaboration tools that integrates with your existing business applications like Zendesk, Salesforce or Bullhorn. To get you started on that, here’s a few pieces about UCaaS.
The beginner’s guides:
- Guide 1: Short guide to UCaaS
- Guide 2: Everything you need to know about UCaaS
If you’re already thinking of deploying UCaaS to enable remote working in your business:
Doing Remote Working Well
If you’re already working remotely and want to help yourself and others get the most out of it, this could be useful for you.
As someone managing remote teams:
- Guide 1: How to manage remote teams
- Guide 2: How to manage remote contact centre agents
- Guide 3: The benefits of hiring remote contact centre agents
Helpful guides for employees who work remotely:
- Guide 1: Easy mistakes to avoid when working remotely
- Guide 2: How to collaborate in a coffee shop
- Guide 3: Team messaging etiquette
- Guide 4: Video conferencing made easy
- Guide 5: How to collaborate from anywhere
The conversation doesn’t end here. In fact, it’s just beginning. As remote working shifts into the mainstream, we’ll see more discussion around innovative ways to be productive and remain connected in the current climate.
We’ll also be part of the discussion. In the coming days, we’ll be providing updated content around remote working, from guides and top tips to stats and stories. Don’t go anywhere.
In the meantime, we’re available to answer any of your remote working questions over on Twitter. Tag us using @RingCentralUK and we’ll provide you with all the information we can.
Originally published Mar 11, 2020, updated Jan 17, 2023