cloud phone • Calling and Mobility
Park calls in the cloud and retrieve from any phone in your business.
Benefits of Call Park
Convenient parking in the cloud
- Park up to 50 calls simultaneously, both inbound and outbound calls.
- Simply press the Call Park soft key on your desk phone and pass along the parked location to colleagues or departments. You can also park an active call from RingCentral for Desktop or RingCentral mobile app.
- Unanswered calls ring back after five minutes, so you can ensure your callers are well attended.
Increase security with private park locations
- Create a private park location only visible for users within the same group to park and pick up calls. Only authorized user may pick up a parked call in the cloud.
- Parked calls in a private location can be answered directly from group users’ desk phones or RingCentral for Desktop.
Access parked calls from remote locations
- Park important calls while you’re out of the office, with a few simple touch-tone commands on your smartphone or RingCentral for Desktop.
- Call Park feature is enabled through your call routing/forwarding rules, so you’re supported while you travel.
Call Park - FAQs
Which RingCentral plans have the Call Park feature?
- The Call Park feature is included at no extra cost with RingCentral MVP™.
Does Call Park work for both inbound and outbound calling?
- Yes. Call Park works for inbound and outbound calling. However, it is not supported on outbound calling to another extension in your system.
Does it work only on RingCentral desk phones?
- Incoming calls can be parked and retrieved on any RingCentral desk phone, regardless of office location. Park soft key is available on all Cisco and Polycom devices.
- Calls can also be parked using touch-tone commands on RingCentral for Desktop, and on your smartphone using the RingCentral app for iPhone® and Android™ (with VoIP turned on).
What is “park location”?
- It’s the virtual system location, not to be confused with the user extensions. Virtual locations where an inbound or outbound call is parked are preceded by *, for example (*8xx).
- Maximum number of simultaneously parked locations is 50 (ranging from *801 to *899).
- Park locations are automatically assigned by the RingCentral system.
How do I park a call in a private park location?
- Your administrator can help create a park location group that is only accessible and visible to users added to the group by using desk phone or RingCentral for Desktop. RingCentral supports up to 100 park location groups. There is no limitation to how many users can be included in each park location group.
Does Call Park work for transferred calls?
- It is only supported for warm transfers on desk phones using the Call Park soft key.
Can I park to a specific user extension?
- No. That is private call park, which is currently not available.
More Calling and Mobility features