Access and manage voice messages anytime, anywhere.
With a RingCentral cloud phone system, each extension and department has its own voicemail inbox with multiple options for managing voice messages. Users and admins can select a default voicemail greeting, record a custom one, or use professionally recorded greetings to welcome callers. In addition, you have the option to enable email notifications to be sent to your mobile device or computer when a new voicemail arrives, so you can instantly view and hear your messages at any time—no matter where you are.
Benefits of voicemail
Convenient, flexible access to messages
- The RingCentral cloud phone system allows you to view and hear your voicemail messages in a variety of ways: on your desk phone, on your computer using the RingCentral desktop app, in your email, in your online account, or on your smartphone with the RingCentral mobile app.
- You can access your messages at any time—when you’re on another call, if your desk phone is disconnected, or during a power outage—even if your calls are forwarded to another number.
Efficient prioritization and response
- Respond promptly to new voicemails by electing to receive email notifications on your mobile device when you receive a new message.
- Prioritize your responses by selecting the most time-sensitive messages to listen and respond to first with visual voicemail, which displays a list of your messages and the associated caller ID information.
- Return calls quickly and easily with one click from your online account, from your computer using the RingCentral desktop app, or by using the RingCentral mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
Announcement and greeting options
- Welcome callers with a default greeting, with a greeting you record yourself, or one created with professional voice talent.
- Engage callers with answers to frequently asked questions or product or service announcements with customized messages.
- Choose from a variety of music tracks that callers will hear while they’re waiting for their calls to be answered.
How can I check my voicemail?
- Use the voicemail button or softkey on your desk phone, or simply dial your telephone number from any phone, press *, follow the prompts, and the Auto-Receptionist will announce the number of new voice messages.
- Messages are also easily accessed via the RingCentral desktop app and the RingCentral mobile app—you can listen to them directly from within both applications.
- Log into your RingCentral online account to view your call logs and see your voice messages. You can also adjust your account settings so that your messages are delivered as email attachments.
- Up to 200 voice messages will be stored in your RingCentral account. If you need to store additional voicemail messages, opt to receive them as email attachments. Then, simply download the attachments to your computer.
What are my options for voicemail greetings?
- Your RingCentral phone system offers several voicemail greeting options for welcoming and informing callers—and these options can be modified for each extension.
- Admins are able to select a “master” greeting to be used for every voicemail inbox within the organization. Individual welcome and voicemail greetings for specific extensions can be set by admins as well.
- Users can create unique greetings for their own extensions and easily change their greetings using their desk phones or online account. To start using your account right away, the default voice greetings are an ideal option.
- Store as many voice greetings as you like in your RingCentral account (for example, out-of-office greetings, holiday greetings, etc.). You can even hire a professional voice actor to record your greetings, and then store the recordings in your account to use as needed.
How can I instantly reply to voicemails using my phone and/or computer?
- After listening to your messages, the Auto-Receptionist will provide options for how to handle each message—including returning the call and forwarding the voicemail to another extension.
- When viewing voicemails in your online account, simply click on the phone number of the caller to use the RingOut® click-to-call dialing feature to return the call.
- You can also choose to reply to callers directly from your computer (PC or Mac) using the RingCentral desktop app—or within the RingCentral mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
Can I forward voicemails to other people?
- Yes. You can choose to forward any messages stored in your online account. When you forward a voice message, the file is automatically converted to MP3 format and added to an email as an attachment.
- If you already receive voicemails via email, simply forward them as you would any other email—be sure to include the attachment.
How many voice messages can I store in my online account?
- Each RingCentral account can store a maximum of 200 messages.
- Users who need to keep more than 200 messages can opt to have their voicemails delivered via email, and then save the files as desired—instead of having the messages stored in their RingCentral inbox.