Transform your computer into a powerful phone using the softphone in the RingCentral desktop app.
Included with the RingCentral desktop app is the RingCentral softphone, which enables high-quality VoIP calling and transforms your PC or Mac into a sophisticated call controller with an array of features and options.
Benefits of the softphone
Make and answer calls on your computer.
- The softphone feature is part of the desktop app, which is included for no additional cost with all RingCentral Office® editions.
- To begin using the softphone, download the application, launch it, and enter your RingCentral login credentials.
- Plug in a headset or simply use your computer’s speakers and microphone to turn any internet-connected computer into an intelligent softphone and call controller.
Manage and control your calls.
- Easily park a telephone call at a virtual location and retrieve it from any other phone or softphone in your system—even a mobile device can pick up a parked call.
- Seamlessly flip an ongoing call to your desk phone, computer, or mobile device.
- Transfer a call to any phone number or extension.
- Host a conference call with up to 4 callers, or split the calls at any time—without complicated button-pushing sequences.
HD voice ensures high-quality sound for your calls.
- Calls are clearer and easier to understand, and voice quality is richer than with conventional softphones.
Record calls with the softphone.
- Record a single call, or change your settings to automatically record all your calls.
- Download recorded conversations, store them on your computer, or forward them to others for review.
Screen incoming calls.
- Configure Auto-Receptionist so callers are prompted to record their names.
- Ignore or block unwanted calls, or send certain callers directly to your voicemail, based on their Caller ID.
- Real-time call control lets you route calls with a single click—there are no complex keystroke combinations to remember.
Send callers text-to-speech messages in real-time.
- Communicate with your callers without picking up your handset.
- Allow callers to hear a default message, or type a personalized one to be transmitted via text-to-speech technology, when you’re too busy to take a call.
- These options are available even while you’re participating in a web meeting or are on another call.
Intercept callers leaving messages.
- Listen to voice messages as they’re being recorded by the caller.
- Intervene when a caller is leaving a message so you can accept the call.
In addition to the softphone feature, the RingCentral desktop app offers other robust features and capabilities.
- Send faxes with cover sheets and attachments. Receive faxes and print or forward them to one or multiple recipients.
- Send and receive SMS text messages from your computer—including group messages.
- Launch RingCentral Meetings to participate in online meetings with one click—even send invitations via email or text message.
How does the softphone work?
The RingCentral desktop app’s softphone feature connects via your internet connection to the RingCentral cloud phone system, seamlessly enabling telephone and other communications capabilities right from your computer.
What is real-time call control?
If a call comes in while you’re online, the softphone window will be displayed along with the caller’s name and phone number. If you have configured your system to do so, you will also hear the caller’s name announced. With a single click, you can accept the call, reject it, send it to voicemail, or send the caller a text message that will be spoken aloud. If you’re away from your computer, phone calls can be managed by an auto attendant, which connects the calls to the phone number or device of your choice.
Which devices does the software work on?
The RingCentral desktop app, along with its integrated softphone, works on 32/64-bit Windows and 64-bit Macintosh operating systems.