Take complete control over who can reach you with phone call screening. Accept or reject calls from specific numbers and send others directly to voicemail.
Benefits of Call Screening
Identify callers to prioritize your response to calls
- Before an incoming call is connected, caller ID information appears on your phone’s display and the Softphone.
- Configure your company’s Auto-Receptionist to prompt callers for their name so you can identify the caller before they connect to you.
- Answer an incoming call, reject it, or send it directly to voicemail.
- Hear which department or extension an inbound call is coming into before you pick up.
Save time by controlling and blocking incoming calls
- Permanently block specific numbers so they can never bother your company again.
- Softphone displays telemarketers’ hidden numbers and makes it easy to add them to your company block list.
- Block entire area codes, or alternatively, define a list of allowed numbers.
- Too busy to take a call? Respond quickly with a text-to-speech default message or type a custom message that will be read to callers.
Call Screening - FAQs
What is Softphone?
- Softphone is a patented call controller which allows you to conduct phone calls and messages from your desktop.
How does RingCentral Call Screening differ from Caller ID?
- While the caller holds for you, the Softphone gives you the option to take the call, reject it, or send it to voicemail.
- You may also elect to type a message into Softphone then hit Send, at which point an "auto-attendant" translates the text to speech and broadcasts it to the caller.
- You can have the caller state their name and those names will be broadcast to you through your computer speakers or your telephone.
If I’m on the road with my cell phone, how will I know who’s calling me?
- You can specify for your system to prompt callers to state their names, which is played for you on your phone.
- The Auto-Receptionist will then give you the option to take the call, reject it or send it to voicemail.
How does call screening work when I’m online?
- When you’re online and you receive a call or fax to your RingCentral number, the RingCentral Softphone tool will pop up on your computer screen.
- Softphone identifies the caller and gives you the choice of accepting the call, rejecting it, sending it to voicemail, or type a reply and have that translated to speech then broadcast to the caller.
- If you set up your system so that callers are prompted to state their names, those names will be broadcast to you through your PC speakers or through your telephone.
Can I block calls?
- Yes. Just sign onto your online account and type the phone numbers or area codes that you want blocked.