Call Screening & Call Blocking
Call screening gives you complete control over who can reach you by phone. Accept, decline, or block specific numbers and send others directly to voicemail.
What is Call Screening?
Your work days are busy enough without having to deal with nuisance or untimely callers. Your RingCentral account arms you with call screening service, empowering you to decide which calls to take.
When a call comes in, Caller ID details appear on your phone’s display, informing you who is on the line. You now have the choice to pick up the call, decline it, or send it directly to voicemail.
If you have phone numbers or people you never want to talk to, you can block their calls from ever connecting with you. Call blocking can be an effective option for reducing telemarketing calls.
Call screening is available on your desk phone and RingCentral for Desktop app and included in RingCentral Office Editions.
Benefits of Screening Calls
Call screening options let you identify callers and choose your response
- Caller ID information displays before the incoming call ever connects, giving you some reference to decide how you want to to respond to the call. You can answer it, decline it, or send it directly to voicemail.
- Configure your account to have your phone prompt callers to announce their name before the call connects as an extra level of screening, so you know exactly who is on the line as well as which business they’re calling from.
- Or configure your phone to hear which department or extension is calling you so you can decide how to respond.
- Too busy to take a call from an important contact? Respond quickly with prepared text-to-speech messages or type a custom message for the auto-receptionist to announce to your caller.
Save time and take back your privacy by blocking calls
- Permanently block specific phone numbers, entire area codes, or callers without Caller ID, so they can never reach you again.
- To further reduce unwelcome calls, you can block every call, then create a short list of allowed phone numbers and area codes. Only the numbers you specify will be able to connect with you.
- Choose a prepared courtesy message for your blocked callers to hear, or create your own.
Call Screening FAQs
Which devices support call screening?
You can screen calls on your desk phone and on your computer through the RingCentral for Desktop app.
How does call screening work on RingCentral for Desktop?
When RingCentral for Desktop is open on your computer, a popup message displays when you receive a call, showing the Caller ID and giving you response options to choose from. If you have voice prompts set up, you’ll hear the caller’s name broadcast through your computer speakers.
Can I screen calls with my mobile phone?
Yes, just set up your account for voice prompts and you can hear the caller’s name announced on your mobile phone before the call is connected.
What is Caller ID?
Generally, this is the name, phone number, or other identifying information about the caller that shows up on your phone display.