Managing, training, and supporting sales and support teams is more efficient and productive. Supervisors can listen in, discreetly speak to staff, join, and commandeer calls.
As a supervisor of sales and support agents, you can better coach and train your staff with access to your teams’ phone calls with clients, prospects, and customers. You can monitor calls in real time, whisper to your employees, enter conversations, and even take over calls.
Benefits of call monitoring
Train your sales and support staff during live calls. Call monitoring is available with RingCentral MVP™ Premium and Ultimate editions.
- Managers can listen in from desk phones or RingCentral for Desktop. Hearing firsthand how sales and support teams relate to customers, leads, and clients is a valuable resource for evaluation and training.
- With a simple key command, you can call whisper directly to your representatives during active calls. The customer doesn’t hear anything; only the employee is privy to on-the-fly directions and suggestions, constructive ideas, sales tips, references to information for aiding support on products, how-to instructions, and more.
- Call barge-in is another quick key command that empowers managers to jump into a call. The representative is still on the line, but the manager can speak to both the employee and caller. When the need arises, it’s an invaluable tool for steering conversations in the right direction—clarifying details, providing diplomacy during contentious situations, and sharing insights.
- Being able to take over a call is a tactical advantage. Sometimes leadership is needed to manage either the next phase of a sales deal or a multifaceted support ticket. Managers can easily hop onto the call and relieve the sales or support agent.
Call monitoring FAQs
Do I have to be an admin to use this feature?
- No, anyone can monitor calls, within a preconfigured Call Monitoring Group by your system administrator. Then the admin selects who can monitor calls and designates whose calls can be monitored.
Can I record calls I monitor?
How many call monitoring groups does RingCentral support?
- RingCentral supports up to 100 call monitoring groups per account.
Can a user both monitor calls and also be monitored by someone else?
- Yes, a supervisor can monitor designated groups and in turn be monitored by their supervisors.
Is it possible for multiple supervisors to monitor a call at the same time?
- No. A call can only be monitored by one supervisor at a time. If a second supervisor tries to monitor the same call, they will be directly connected to the extension.