RingCentral Connect Platform™ Reaches One Million API Requests per Day as Interoperability, Integration Become New Standard for Enterprise Communication Solutions
Reporting More Than 50 Percent Growth in API Requests Last Quarter, RingCentral Opens Up WebRTC APIs to Enable Voice Capabilities through Web Browsers
BELMONT, Calif.—March 3, 2016 - RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG), a leading provider of cloud business communications and collaboration solutions, today announced the rapid growth of its RingCentral Connect Platform™. Less than one year after launching, the RingCentral Connect Platform™ has surpassed the milestone of one million API requests per day, and saw an increase of more than 50 percent in API requests from third party developers in Q4 2015.
First launched in 2015, the RingCentral Connect Platform™ offers developers a set of tools and services to build, deploy, and manage custom integrations using RingCentral open APIs. The platform has integrated with a number of leading SaaS providers, including Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365 and Google for Work, enabling customers’ employees to be more productive and maximize efficiency at work.
New WebRTC API
RingCentral also announced today that it is now making WebRTC APIs available to third party developers in beta, opening up direct access to RingCentral’s voice services. The WebRTC APIs will allow developers to integrate voice capabilities into web browsers and apps, empowering them to continue innovating on new ways to bring RingCentral’s enterprise cloud communications into their business applications and websites.
“The tremendous growth of our RingCentral Connect Platform™ is a testament to the heightened success of cloud communications and the market demand for interoperability,” said Kira Makagon, Executive Vice President of Innovation at RingCentral. “We’re excited to have the developers leverage our open WebRTC API so that businesses can continue to improve upon customer satisfaction.”
Other Integrations & Updates
Recent partners and customers who have joined the RingCentral Connect PlatformTM include the following:
- Google for Work – An integration announced last year that was recognized in the “Recommended for Google Apps for Work” program and to date has been adopted by over 1,000 businesses
- Zapier (Beta) – A cloud integration service that enables users to build custom workflows between RingCentral and more than 500 pre-integrated software tools such as Salesforce, Gmail, Dropbox, Box, and MailChimp, all using a simple workflow builder that requires no development
- Gainsight™ – A customer success company that presents click-to-call phone numbers within Gainsight modules powered by RingCentral’s cloud phone system, allowing customer success professionals and account managers to seamlessly incorporate one-on-one phone calls into their daily workflow
- I Love Travel – A family of travel brands offering innovative youth and student travel experiences that leveraged the RingCentral Connect Platform™ to create a real-time dashboard tracking the status and activity of over 100 customer service agents
- Sikka Software – An ecosystem of cloud-based apps providing unprecedented insights into retail healthcare private practices that integrates its Call Optimizer app with RingCentral to automatically display patient health and financial data during phone calls and increase phone efficiency
For additional information, please visit https://developer.ringcentral.com/. RingCentral will be at Enterprise Connect booth #305.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud-based business communications and collaboration solutions. RingCentral’s cloud solution is easier to manage, and more flexible and cost-efficient than legacy on-premises communications systems. It meets the needs of modern distributed and mobile workforces spanning SMB to Enterprises globally. RingCentral, Business Communications Made Simple. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif. RingCentral, the RingCentral logo, and Connect Platform are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.
For additional information,
Jennifer Dong 650-288-0485