cloud phone • Administration
Easily apply common phone system settings to multiple users at once with RingCentral Templates.
Features and Benefits of RingCentral Templates
- Two types of templates — One for user settings and another for specifying call handling rules, perhaps for special events.
- Increase IT productivity — Define your phone system configurations once and apply them as frequently as you want to whole groups of users.
- Simplify user maintenance — Have a new hire or a promotion? Add or remove a user from any template at any time.
- Easily respond to changes — Templates can be updated infinitely. Just edit or add a setting whenever you need to, and quickly deploy the template again.
- Personalize each customer experience — Apply event-driven or location-specific call handling rules with no manual effort.
- Reduce inconsistencies and anomalies — Ensure standardized user settings or call handling rules are consistently applied to groups of users.
RingCentral Templates - FAQs
Which Office Editions have Templates?
- All Office editions with 2 or more lines automatically have access to Templates.
What type of settings can I define in a Template?
- You can specify any of these user settings:
- E911 address
- User office hours
- Answering prompt or greeting
- Audio while connecting callers to extensions
- On-hold music
- Voicemail greetings
- Outbound caller ID
- International calling permission (when international calling is enabled)
- Notification settings
- After hours call handling and forwarding
- After hours voicemail greetings
- Voicemail-to-text Caller ID by features (Mobile App, Additional Desktop App, Common Phone, Alternate Caller ID)
- Selecting a user’s Direct Number or setting it as Blocked
Can I apply Templates to a call queue group?
- No. You can only apply Templates to users.
How many Templates can I create?
- As many as you like; there’s virtually no limit.
Will a user’s custom settings be overwritten after being associated with a Template?
- Yes, the Template settings override any previous settings.
Can users change any settings that were applied with the Template?
Watch RingCentral Templates How-to Video
More Administration features