Discover a better way to fax
Say goodbye to outdated and expensive fax machines and discover a more modern and affordable way to fax. Our secure online fax system makes it quick and simple to send and receive faxes anytime, anywhere, from any device.
How our online fax solutions work
How to send a fax online
With RingCentral, it’s simple to send faxes online by email, desktop or smartphone. Just create a ‘new fax’ in the mobile or desktop app and enter the recipient’s fax number.
You can also send a secure fax online by sending an email to the recipient’s fax number @rcfax.com. The text of your email and any attachments will become the pages of the fax.
How to receive a fax online
Your online faxes will arrive in your email inbox as PDF attachments. You can view them online or quickly forward, file or print them.
You’ll get an instant notification to let you know when you’ve received a fax. And all incoming faxes will be stored in your password-protected online account for simple and secure access.
Remove expensive fax machines and dedicated fax lines
- With our online fax services, there’s no need for a fax machine. Just use your smartphone, tablet or computer as an online fax machine instead.
- You don’t need a separate, dedicated fax number – every RingCentral number can automatically receive voice calls and faxes.
Send faxes whatever way works for you
- Send a secure online fax directly from your email. Just attach files, add a cover note and you’re good to go.
- Send a fax online using FaxOut. Simply add your text and attach files from your computer or cloud storage service like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft Office.
- Use the RingCentral mobile app to send an online fax straight from your smartphone or tablet.
Never miss an important fax or call
Get maximum control and security
- Preview, print and annotate your faxes, and design custom cover sheets.
- Outgoing faxes are transmitted over a secure, encrypted internet connection and incoming faxes are stored in your secure, password-protected online account.
- Schedule faxes, send faxes to groups of contacts, and block faxes without caller ID.
“RingCentral is way ahead in terms of innovation. It has plenty of functionality: it brings big-company systems to smaller companies.”
— Sean Lam,
Chief Executive Officer, Walker Crips Group PLC
Online fax FAQs
- Thanks to our integration with Microsoft Outlook, you’ll be able to send faxes straight from applications like Outlook and Word.
- Simply attach the document you want to fax and send it through our mobile or desktop app, or directly via email.
- On Windows, online fax requires Windows 7.0 or later, Pentium or above processor or compatible, minimum of 1 GB memory and 300 MB of hard drive space.
- On the Mac, online fax requires Mac OS 10.8 or later, Intel processor, 1 GB of memory, and 300 MB of hard drive space.
- You can block junk faxes just as easily as you block junk email, saving you time and printing costs.
- Your RingCentral number is automatically set up to receive faxes and voice calls – so there’s no need for a separate fax number.