RingCentral Quality of Service Reports (QoS)
Use RingCentral’s QoS dashboard to proactively monitor and troubleshoot call and video quality issues impacting your global customers in real-time.
Benefits of Quality of Service Reports:
- Access to near real-time data allows you to proactively troubleshoot and correct call and video quality issues before they become disruptive to your organisation and customers.
- Analyse your service performance and trends based on QoS parameters, network QoS metrics including location, call volume, codecs, internet service providers, device types and more.
- Drill down and accurately address the root cause of any call quality issue and quickly identify any patterns in problematic calls for immediate isolation, troubleshooting, and resolution through call quality dashboard reports.
- Powerful quality of service dashboard with interactive run-time graphical representations for focused monitoring and investigation of network QoS metrics through QoS monitoring tools.
- Easy-to-understand quality scores for your media streams based on QoS parameters, transport information, including jitter, latency, packet loss, and codecs.
- Identify patterns in quality degradation at the country, regional, and local levels, along with the ability to pinpoint a particular concentration of problematic calls.
- Tracking of quality trends down to the individual user and call level.
RingCentral Quality of Service Reports - FAQs
QoS stands for Quality of Service.
Quality of Service (QoS) is a technology which is used to manage data traffic on a network.
Online communications tools such as voice, video, file sharing, and streamed data are an important part of our lives. Businesses are expected to provide reliable, dependable services with minimal disruption to their uses. QoS allows network administrators to prioritise applications, ensuring live video meetings, presentations, and file transfers go smoothly and manage the network through QoS monitoring tools.
QoS tools are used to manage your network resources, balancing all the users on the network to ensure data needs are met efficiently. QoS is specifically used to help prioritise data traffic on your network.
Quality of Service QoS technology reduces the impact of interference in communications metrics such as packet loss, jitter, and latency, QoS parameters oversee network resources control and management. QoS metrics are important because they can help with:
- Packet loss reduction – this prevents loss of data ‘packets’ which result in low quality of video calls and improves security in data transfer.
- Jitter – which results in an erratic signal, interrupting video, and voice calls, which is bad for customer service.
- Latency – which can introduce a delay or an echo to calls.