Send professional text messages to colleagues, clients, and departments from your business number.
Business SMS benefits:
Send unlimited texts.
- Use your one business number for voice, fax, and text messages.
- Send and receive text messages with up to 1,000 characters to and from RingCentral extensions or 10-digit local numbers.
- Message colleagues, clients, and department groups. Recipients can reply via Business SMS or their native SMS.
Business SMS works on your mobile devices and desktops.
- Text seamlessly across smartphones, tablets and desktop, Apple Watch®, and RingCentral for Desktop.*
- Remove unwanted calls with number blocking and create a spam blacklist.
- Receive push and email notifications of incoming messages.
- Easily make a call, join a conference, or visit a website by tapping on detected phone numbers and URLs directly from text messages.
- Instantly join a conference call with one tap from a text message invitation; no need to enter a participant access code.
Business SMS FAQs:
What kind of messages can I send and receive?
- Text-only messages. Business SMS does not support short code, or multimedia messaging service (MMS).
Is there any limitation on storing my text messages?
- Each user can store up to 5,000 text messages, including sent and received messages. However, if your company is enabled with HIPAA requirements, Business SMS/text is not available.
Can I send a group text?
- Yes. You can send an SMS text to multiple recipients within your company and view the conversation in the same thread. If you send a text message to a couple of recipients containing an external 10-digit number, your text message will be separate messages.
Can I send a text message to an international number?
- No. This is currently not supported.