September 29, 2016
World Vision Replaces Legacy On-Premise Communications Systems with RingCentral’s Global Cloud Solution for Mobile and Distributed Workforce
BELMONT, Calif. — September 29, 2016 - RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG), a leading provider of enterprise cloud communication and collaboration solutions, today announced that World Vision, one of the largest Christian charitable relief organizations centered on solving child poverty and injustice, has selected RingCentral Office® to overhaul its legacy business communications infrastructure in the United States. With a focus on optimization, World Vision wanted a flexible and easy to use cloud solution to empower employees to communicate nationwide in any way, anywhere, and on any device. This includes voice, video, conferencing, SMS, and online meetings from a single unified solution.
“We were looking for a cloud unified communications solution to replace nine disparate, end-of-life PBX systems, which were both difficult and expensive to manage, and only provided limited communications capabilities,” said Randy Boyd, infrastructure architect at World Vision U.S., who led the initiative. “RingCentral’s platform provides us with the modern communications features that we need to support our central, dispersed and mobile workforce. Upon deploying RingCentral’s solution over the last few months, we have already heard very positive feedback from employees on the flexibility, quality and richness of the communications capabilities, and we anticipate significant cost savings in the near future, which will result in more money going to children in need.”
The large-scale deployment of RingCentral Office was completed with the assistance of the RingCentral Professional Services™ team, who provided technical design, deployment, network consulting, integration, and monitoring services. World Vision attributes the successful and timely rollout of the new cloud communications solution to the close engagement and partnership of the RingCentral team.
The next phase of World Vision’s deployment is to leverage RingCentral’s next generation software-based cloud video conferencing system, called RingCentral Rooms™, across its conference rooms, replacing yet another end-of-life, legacy system.
RingCentral Office will be used by more than 1,000 World Vision employees, including many who travel frequently, domestically and internationally, as well as work from home and require flexible, mobile communication and collaboration capabilities. Key factors in World Vision’s selection of RingCentral included:
- Ease of deployment: Using the implementation support provided by RingCentral Professional Services, World Vision experienced ease of deployment while successfully managing a large-scale rollout.
- Quality of service: World Vision selected RingCentral for its high-quality, global communications capabilities, which is supported by RingCentral’s focus on building reliable, secure, and scalable delivery infrastructure.
- Breadth of communication capabilities: RingCentral Office is the only cloud solution in the industry with a broad integrated set of capabilities within a single product that includes voice, video, fax, conferencing, SMS, and web meetings. This empowers World Vision’s workforce to communicate in any way they choose, using any device, from anywhere in the world.
- RingCentral integrations with Microsoft: RingCentral Office integrates into Microsoft Active Directory making user provisioning simple for World Vision. They also integrate with Azure for single sign on capabilities. In addition, the company plans to use RingCentral for Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 integrations.
- Ease of administration: RingCentral’s centralized administration capability for supporting various global locations gives World Vision’s IT team the flexibility they need to easily manage the communications for their entire organization. The World Vision team is currently managing a single, nationwide phone infrastructure. All ACD’s, IVRs, hunt groups were designed and replaced by non-telephone system staff using RingCentral’s out-of-the-box capabilities.
“World Vision's IT team is highly dedicated to providing quality services to its workforce,” said Ryan Azus, senior vice president of worldwide sales at RingCentral. “By moving their communication infrastructure to the cloud, they can focus on their core mission, which is to serve children in need throughout the world. We’re excited to help World Vision modernize their communications solutions by replacing their legacy on-premise systems, and tapping the power of RingCentral’s cloud to enable them to work flexibly and communicate more effectively.”
About World Vision:
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. For more information, please visit www.WorldVision.org/press or follow us on Twitter @WorldVisionNews.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG) is a leading provider of cloud-based business communications and collaboration solutions. RingCentral’s cloud solution is easier to manage and more flexible and cost-efficient than legacy on-premise communications systems. It meets the needs of modern distributed and mobile workforces spanning SMB to Enterprises globally. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral, RingCentral Office, RingCentral Professional Services, RingCentral Rooms and the RingCentral logo are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.
For additional information, please contact:
For additional information,