QUALITY OF SERVICE
Test Your Connection's Quality
This test will simulate VoIP calls between your computer and RingCentral and will provide an estimate of the voice quality you should expect when using our service. For the most accurate results, run this test while connected to the network that you plan to use for RingCentral. Choose the number of simultaneous calls you expect to make, and click the Start Test button to begin.
Supported browsers for test:
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher (Windows XP, 7, 8 or higher)
- Firefox version 36 or higher (Windows and Mac)
- Safari version 6.2 or higher (Mac)
Number of simultaneous calls:
Set the number of simultaneous calls this connection will need to support. If this connection will be used for other Internet traffic as well, run the test while there is a normal to high amount of this other traffic present. This will more accurately simulate a real deployment of our phones on this connection.
When the test has finished, you can click the Summary tab to view results and view a detailed report.
Ensuring an effective phone transition starting with a VoIP test
RingCentral helps you make the transition from traditional to cloud phone system by assessing your business needs, initiating a VoIP test, and making any necessary configuration changes.
Early assessment to ensure success
Once you purchase your multi-line phone system, RingCentral assigns an implementation advisor who will introduce you to the technology and walk you through the steps of a successful deployment. This comprehensive guidance spans everything from a VoIP speed test to assess your network and readiness to system configuration and customer training. It can even extend to a discussion of skills that your internal IT team may be lacking and ways to fill those gaps with RingCentral or third-party resources.
To assess the best system design for each customer, RingCentral employs an implementation and onboarding methodology that has been developed and refined by more than a quarter of a million successful deployments. This initial discovery phase includes determining:
- Goals for your new phone system
- Current phone system features
- Quantity and types of mobile devices and phones
- Broadband Internet capacity and bandwidth budget for employees (via a VoIP speed test)
- Type of LAN
- Quality of service (QoS) settings
- Number of business locations
- Requirements for calls to be made by mobile or distributed employees and consultants
- Requirements for your auto attendant, call groups, and call routing
- Timeline and rollout approach (phased or all at once)
Pre-deployment VoIP assessment—beyond just a checklist
By analyzing the data from this initial discovery phase, RingCentral works with your team to craft a design and implementation test plan. This detailed strategy transforms the pre-deployment assessment into more than just a test for features/functionality (for example: voice quality) but also as a venue to test new capabilities such as voicemail-to-email. So in essence, the team uses a proven methodology to mitigate the risks of transition—prior to deployment.
Comprehensive testing for infrastructure readiness
As you move to the installation phase, a RingCentral implementation advisor guides you through a network readiness assessment to make sure your network is prepared to handle your new phone system. This includes assistance with:
- Testing for bandwidth capacity and speed
- Evaluating bandwidth connection quality
- Recommending bandwidth upgrades (if needed)
- Configuring network devices to improve QoS
- Integrating fax lines, conference phones, and other infrastructure
- Enabling special requirements such as direct dial on pickup
This proven, step-by-step methodology ensures your transition to a cloud phone system is an enterprise-class service experience.
Whether it’s a cloud or on-premise PBX, deploying a business phone system is a major undertaking. Each step of the rollout—including user adoption—must be carefully planned and implemented according to a proven onboarding and deployment methodology. RingCentral offers experience, technology, and seasoned onboarding teams with a depth of IT and telephony expertise. By conducting the VoIP test above and with the help of RingCentral’s implementation, you can be sure that your transition to a cloud phone system is a smooth one.