cloud phone • Calling and Mobility
Call Routing and Answering Rules
Get advanced call routing capabilities and a wide range of options for your company number, extensions, and departments.
Benefits of Answering Rules
Custom call routing and answering rules
- Create and manage answering rules any time from any web-enabled computer or device.
- Use custom answering rules to have family members or important clients forwarded directly to a personal cell phone; direct all other calls to office phones or voicemail.
- Have calls automatically forwarded to any phone in the world.
Powerful scheduling options
- Customize days and hours of operation with specific routing rules and greetings.
- Give each employee and department their own business hours and create unique answering rules as needed.
- Play custom greetings during specified date ranges, for holidays, vacations, and special events.
- Set after-hours rules to route calls to a home phone number, directly to voicemail, or elsewhere, or any number.
- Routing schedule allows calls to your sales department to transfer to one agent on Mondays and Wednesdays, and to another agent the rest of the week.
Route calls based on the number dialed
- Apply different rules to different numbers if your company has more than one RingCentral number.
- Useful for maintaining multiple company names, or to track individual marketing campaigns.
Answering Rules - FAQs
Can I have different greetings play at different times of the day?
- Yes. You can record multiple greetings and have the system play your greetings on a day and time schedule.
Can I have my RingCentral number forwarded to a different phone during off-hours?
- Yes. You can change your forwarding options according to the day of the week and time of the day.
Can I let only certain people reach me during off-hours?
- Yes. You can allow certain contacts to get through to your RingCentral number during vacations, off-hours, or any time of day or night. Another rule can be configured to simultaneously send all other callers to voicemail or to another phone number, such as a business partner’s number.
More Calling and Mobility features