QUALITY OF SERVICE
Test Your Connection’s Quality
RingCentral’s Quality of Service
How many calls can your connection support
Schedule a demo
RingCentral helps you make the transition from traditional to cloud phone system by assessing your business needs, initiating a VoIP test, and making any necessary configuration changes.
Early assessment to ensure success
Once you purchase your multi-line phone system, RingCentral assigns an implementation advisor who will introduce you to the technology and walk you through the steps of a successful deployment. This comprehensive guidance spans everything from a VoIP speed test to assess your network and readiness to system configuration and customer training. It can even extend to a discussion of skills that your internal IT team may be lacking and ways to fill those gaps with RingCentral or third-party resources.
To assess the best system design for each customer, RingCentral employs an implementation and onboarding methodology that has been developed and refined by more than a quarter of a million successful deployments. This initial discovery phase includes determining:
- Goals for your new phone system
- Current phone system features
- Quantity and types of mobile devices and phones
- Broadband Internet capacity and bandwidth budget for employees (via a VoIP speed test)
- Type of LAN
- Quality of service (QoS) settings
- Number of business locations
- Requirements for calls to be made by mobile or distributed employees and consultants
- Requirements for your auto attendant, call groups, and call routing
- Timeline and rollout approach (phased or all at once)
Pre-deployment VoIP assessment—beyond just a checklist
By analyzing the data from this initial discovery phase, RingCentral works with your team to craft a design and implementation test plan. This detailed strategy transforms the pre-deployment assessment into more than just a test for features/functionality (for example: voice quality) but also as a venue to test new capabilities such as voicemail-to-email. So in essence, the team uses a proven methodology to mitigate the risks of transition—prior to deployment.
Comprehensive testing for infrastructure readiness
As you move to the installation phase, a RingCentral implementation advisor guides you through a network readiness assessment to make sure your network is prepared to handle your new phone system. This includes assistance with:
- Testing for bandwidth capacity and speed
- Evaluating bandwidth connection quality
- Recommending bandwidth upgrades (if needed)
- Configuring network devices to improve QoS
- Integrating fax lines, conference phones, and other infrastructure
- Enabling special requirements such as direct dial on pickup
This proven, step-by-step methodology ensures your transition to a cloud phone system is an enterprise-class service experience.
Whether it’s a cloud or on-premise PBX, deploying a business phone system is a major undertaking. Each step of the rollout—including user adoption—must be carefully planned and implemented according to a proven onboarding and deployment methodology. RingCentral offers experience, technology, and seasoned onboarding teams with a depth of IT and telephony expertise. By conducting the VoIP test above and with the help of RingCentral’s implementation, you can be sure that your transition to a cloud phone system is a smooth one.