As we inch closer to putting the pandemic behind us, businesses are considering how a return to the office might look. For some, the office will fully return to normal, and employees will go back to their usual routines. For others, the office is gone for good, and employees will stay permanently remote.
Most businesses, however, will likely fall somewhere in the middle. According to a recent McCrindle report most workers and employers in Australia agree that employees will split their time between the office and home—and that businesses will hire more permanently remote talent.
That being said, traditional meeting rooms have a new purpose: to support the new hybrid work environment. Meeting rooms, equipped with video conferencing tools, connect in-office and remote employees so that collaboration is seamless wherever they work.
RingCentral Rooms for Poly
At RingCentral, we’ve partnered with the best-in-class hardware provider Poly, combining the security, reliability, and rich analytics of RingCentral Rooms with the rich audio, ease of deployment, and versatility of Poly meeting room devices.
There are several advantages of a Rooms for Poly system, including:
1. Simple setup
With all the essentials (microphone, speakers, controller, meeting software) packaged together, setting up is a breeze. And with RingCentral Rooms built directly into the hardware, employees can start meetings and jump straight into the conversation.
2. Low cost to start
Poly appliances include several of your meeting room essentials in one, reducing the need for extensive equipment and setup time.
3. A superior video and audio experience
Distractions such as paper shuffling or colleagues entering the room late could disrupt the flow of a meeting. Poly’s NoiseBlock AI can automatically detect and mute microphones for those who aren’t speaking and unmute as soon as someone starts speaking.
Also, Poly’s intelligent camera framing automatically adjusts to capture everyone in the meeting room, even if they join the conversation later.
4. Built for any meeting room layout
With a separate camera, microphone, and controller, Poly gives you the flexibility to cover any meeting room configuration.
So which Poly solution is best for you? We break down the key differences here:
1. Poly Studio X30
- Ideal for small huddle rooms with fewer than six participants (2-3 with social distancing)
- Can be used on a single display
- 15 feet of microphone range
- Includes: TC-8 controller, X30 video and sound bar
2. Poly Studio X50
- Ideal for small and medium meeting rooms with up to 10 participants (5-6 with social distancing)
- Can be used on dual displays
- 25 feet of microphone range
- Includes: TC-8 controller, X50 video and sound bar
3. Poly G7500
- Ideal for medium and large meeting rooms with up to 14 participants (6-7 with social distancing)
- Dual display and flexible audio output
- Includes two versions:
- G7500 base, TC-8 controller
- G7500 base, TC-8 controller, Eagle Eye camera, table microphone
Elevate your meeting room experience
As offices reopen, businesses with the right meeting rooms can truly drive collaboration in an era where employees work from anywhere. We’re here to help.
RingCentral Professional Services can help you set up and deploy your meeting room solution, with pre-configured hardware and software, 1:1 training, and more.
Originally published 15 Mar, 2021