RingCentral for Android™
Take your phone system anywhere with integrated HD voice, fax, text, conferencing, and online meetings.*
Benefits of the RingCentral for Android app:
Phone system management in the palm of your hand.
- Use a single business identity with one business number for calling, texting, and faxing.
- Manage your entire system of locations, departments, extensions, and direct numbers wherever you go.
- Grant permissions to users with role-based access in RingCentral phone systems.
Enjoy quality and a secure communications system.
- Make and receive VoIP calls over Wi-Fi, even while traveling internationally, or over 3G/4G without using your carrier minutes.**
- Increase communication efficiency with advanced call control for call flip, transfer, park, recording, and more.
- Reply with a predefined or personal text-to-speech message, or send callers to voicemail without interrupting the current call.
- Enjoy richer and clearer HD communications with advanced audio technology that automatically adapts bandwidth and reduces the conversation latency even in a poor network environment.***
- Prevent unauthorized interception of audio streams with secure voice.
- Never drop an important call with automatic call handoff.
Bring your own device (BYOD) to work.
- Access your voicemail, fax, and text messages while on the go. Never miss an important message.
- Connect with your global workforce and customers, any time, anywhere.
- Increase efficiency when notifications arrive. Easily swipe and respond to calls and messages with quick actions.
- Seamlessly integrate with your company directory. Call, text, or fax anytime within the mobile app.
- View your colleagues’ real-time phone presence status across devices.
- Safeguard your confidential business information. Easily add or remove users that have access to company data or customer contacts.
- Enable BYOD for all employees, reducing TCO for devices while improving employee productivity.
- Log in automatically with your corporate credentials, Single Sign-on.*** Reduce the need of managing multiple passwords.
- Through push notifications, users are notified of missed calls without having to open up the app.
- Access live reports for real-time insight into call volume, employee availability, customer hold time, and more.
Collaborate with multipoint online meetings.
- Host or attend video meetings anytime, anywhere, from your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Increase office collaboration with easy screen sharing from your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Hold interactive meetings with active spotlight speaker, integrated chat, annotation, and file share from cloud services like Dropbox™.
- Integrate your favorite calendar with the RingCentral mobile app’s Join Now. Simply tap to join a video conference or dial in without entering a meeting ID or access code.
Start audio conferences with just one tap.
- Set up and join conference calls anytime, anywhere.*
- Enjoy unlimited audio conference calling on your Android devices.
- Start conferences with just one tap using Join as Host, even when outside the US.
- Conveniently invite individuals through Business SMS or email.
- Instantly tap to connect to a conference call from Join Now calendar anywhere, anytime.
- Increase security for conference hosts to forbid or allow participants to join calls before the host.
- Instantly join a conference call with one tap from a text message invitation, without having to enter a participant access code.
- Page a group of contacts from your Favorites list without using complicated key codes.
Send and receive text and multimedia messages on your business number.*
- With the industry’s first Business SMS and MMS service from RingCentral, you can send text and multimedia messages from your official business number.
- Send unlimited text messages to anyone in the US and Canada for free.
- Message multiple recipients at once—clients, colleagues, even departments.
- Easily make a call, join a conference, or visit a website by tapping detected phone numbers and URLs directly from text messages.
- View group conversations among colleagues in one text thread.
- Send and receive multimedia files such as images and videos.
Fax files from anywhere.
- Improve productivity by sending, receiving, and forwarding faxes from anywhere.
- Fax multiple documents to multiple recipients at once.
- Easily fax document attachments, photos, or files from cloud storage (Box and Dropbox™) from your Android devices.
RingCentral for Android app FAQs:
Where can I download the RingCentral app for Android?
- You can download the app here or go to Google Play. Simply enter RingCentral in the search field and choose Install when the app appears.
What is VoIP for Android devices?
- VoIP (Voice over IP) allows the RingCentral app to make calls without using your carrier airtime minutes. The minutes will be counted on your RingCentral account. Just connect to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G data network and you’re all set. When you are overseas, VoIP connections let you avoid international roaming charges.**
How do I start video meetings?
- It’s simple. Just tap on the Meetings icon from the main menu of the RingCentral app, and instantly start a meeting. Up to 200 people can join your meeting. This feature is available on all RingCentral Office® editions. See the Plans & Pricing page for details.
What call controls are available with the app?
- You can mute, put a call on hold, flip, transfer or park a call, and also record any call.
How does “Join as Host” work in conferencing?
- Join as Host enables the conference host to start the conference call with one tap, without a conference dial-in or access code. VoIP should be turned on for this feature to work.*
How does “Tap to Join” work in my conference call invitation?
- Tap to Join is available when your VoIP calling is enabled. It allows you to automatically join a meeting without entering a participant access code.
* Audio conferencing and online meetings are available for select RingCentral Office plans only.
** VoIP calls made on the RingCentral service network may not be available in countries where VoIP services are prohibited.
*** Available only for RingCentral Office Premium and Enterprise plans. For advanced HD voice, minimum with 1.5 GHZ or higher on a dual-core processor is recommended.