The modern, cost-effective way to fax
Close a real estate deal on the spot or sign a purchase order from the airport with ease. Software-based online fax frees you from outdated hardware and the complications of faxing over dedicated phone lines. Manage your incoming and outgoing faxes online and benefit from considerable savings.
How RingCentral online fax works
How to send a fax online
Create a "new fax" in the RingCentral mobile or desktop app and enter the recipient's fax number, add message text, and attach files from DropBox, Box, Google Drive, or any Microsoft Office® application.
Or, submit faxes online via email by addressing them to the recipient's fax number @rcfax.com. The email text and any attachments become the pages of the fax.
How to receive a fax online
RingCentral will provide you with your own fax number or you can use your existing number. You'll receive internet faxes in your inbox as email attachments that you can forward, file, or print.
Eliminate costly hardware and dedicated phone lines
- No need for a fax machine—all incoming faxes are handled online.
- No separate fax number needed, either—every RingCentral extension can receive both voice calls and faxes.
Send a fax using multiple methods —including email-to-fax
- Send a fax online, directly from your email. Just attach files, add a cover letter, and you’re good to go.
- Attach files from your computer or from cloud storage (Box, Dropbox™, Google Drive™), and send faxes directly using FaxOut.
- Use the RingCentral mobile app to send faxes from anywhere.
Never miss a fax or call
- Get instant notifications by text, email, or the desktop app whenever you receive an incoming fax.
- Callers never hear a busy signal. Even if you’re on the phone or receiving a fax transmission, you’ll still receive your faxes.
Ensure maximum control and security for your online faxes
- Preview, print, and annotate faxes, and design custom cover sheets—right from your computer.
- Transmit faxes securely over an encrypted connection.
- Incoming faxes are stored securely in your account and can be delivered as email attachments.
- Fax to groups, block faxes without caller ID, schedule faxes, and more.
“RingCentral is way ahead in terms of innovation. It has plenty of functionality: it brings big-company systems to smaller companies.”
— Sean Lam,
Chief Executive Officer, Walker Crips Group PLC
Online Fax Frequently Asked Questions
- With RingCentral Online Fax, you can send faxes to any fax number in the UK or overseas.
- Once you become a subscriber, a RingCentral fax icon will appear within your Windows or Mac applications—such as Outlook®, Word®, etc. Documents will be converted to PDF files and sent to any fax machine with a UK or international number.
- Download and install the free RingCentral for Desktop.
- Windows users can also benefit from the integration between Microsoft Outlook and RingCentral for Desktop to send faxes within Outlook.
- On Windows, integrated fax requires Windows 7.0 or later, Pentium or above processor or compatible, minimum of 1 GB of memory, and 300 MB of hard drive space.
- On the Mac, integrated fax requires Mac OS® 10.8 or later, Intel® processor, 1 GB of memory, and 300 MB of hard drive space.
- RingCentral Online Fax lets you block junk faxes as easily as you block junk email, saving you time and printing costs.
- Yes. Your RingCentral number is configured to receive both faxes and voice calls automatically.
- In your online account, create groups of contacts, and then you can easily send faxes to those groups.
See how it works for your business
A sales advisor will contact you for a personalised, informative demo on the key features and benefits of a cloud phone system.