Softphone for Modern Businesses
Transform your computer into a powerful phone using the softphone in RingCentral for Desktop.
Included with the RingCentral for Desktop is the RingCentral softphone, which enables high-quality VoIP calling and transforms your PC or Mac into a sophisticated call controller with an array of features and options.
Benefits of the softphone:
Make and answer calls on your computer.
- The softphone feature is part of the desktop app, which is included for no additional cost with all RingCentral Office® editions.
- Plug in a headset or simply use your computer’s speakers and microphone to turn any internet-connected computer into an intelligent softphone and call controller.
- Seamless integration with company directory and RingCentral cloud; easily make a call to any of your contacts with a simple click.
Manage and control your calls.
- Intuitive interface provides you with a single view of multiple calls. Easily switch calls, mute calls, or send callers to voicemail.
- Easily park a telephone call at a virtual location and retrieve it from any other phone or softphone in your system—even a mobile device can pick up a parked call.
- Seamlessly flip an ongoing call to your desk phone, computer, or mobile device.
- Transfer a call to any phone number or extension.
- Add up to six callers into a conference call, or drop a caller at any time—without complicated button-pushing sequences.
HD voice ensures high-quality sound for your calls.
- Calls are clearer and easier to understand, and voice quality is richer than with conventional softphones.
Record calls with the softphone.
- Record a single call, or change your settings to automatically record all your calls.*
- Download recorded conversations, store them on your computer, or forward them to others for review.
Send callers text-to-speech messages in real time.
- Communicate with your callers without picking up your handset.
- Allow callers to hear a default message or type a personalized one to be transmitted via text-to-speech technology when you’re too busy to take a call.
- These options are available even while you’re participating in a web meeting or are on another call.
Intercept callers leaving messages.
- Listen to voice messages as they’re being recorded by the caller.
- Intervene when a caller is leaving a message so you can accept the call.
In addition to the softphone feature, RingCentral for Desktop offers other robust features and capabilities:
- Send faxes with cover sheets and attachments. Receive faxes and print or forward them to one or multiple recipients.
- Send and receive SMS text messages from your computer—including group messages.
- Launch RingCentral Meetings to participate in online meetings with one click.
- Launch Glip to start collaborating tasks, sharing files, and participating in group discussions with your colleagues.