RingCentral for iPhone® and iPad®
Take your phone system anywhere with integrated HD voice, fax, text, conferencing, and online meetings.*
Benefits of the RingCentral for iPhone and iPad app:
Phone system management in the palm of your hand, now with phone presence
- Use a single business identity with one business number for calling, texting, and faxing.
- Manage your entire system of locations, departments, extensions, and direct numbers wherever you go.
- Reply with a predefined or personal text-to-speech message, or send callers to voicemail without interrupting the current call.
- Increase communication efficiency with advanced call control for call flip, transfer, park, recording, and more.
- View your colleagues' real-time phone presence status across devices.
- Make and receive VoIP calls over Wi-Fi, even while traveling internationally, or over 3G/4G without using your carrier minutes.**
- Enjoy richer and clearer HD communications with advanced audio technology that automatically adapts bandwidth and reduces the conversation latency even in a poor network environment.***
- Prevent unauthorized interception of audio streams with secure voice.
- Never drop an important call with automatic call handoff.
Bring your own device (BYOD) to work.
- Access your voicemail, fax, and text messages while on the go. Never miss an important message.
- Seamlessly integrate with your company directory. Call, text, or fax anytime within the mobile app.
- Safeguard your confidential business information. Easily add or remove users that have access to company data or customer contacts.
- Enable BYOD for all employees, reducing TCO for devices while improving employee productivity.
- Log in automatically with your corporate credentials, Single Sign-On.*** Reduce the need of managing multiple passwords.
Collaborate with multipoint online meetings.
- Host or attend video meetings anytime, anywhere, from your iPhone or iPad.
- Increase office collaboration with easy screen sharing from your iPad or iPhone.
- Hold interactive meetings with active spotlight speaker, integrated chat, and file share from cloud services like Box and Dropbox™.
Start audio conferences with just one tap.
- Set up and join conference calls anytime, anywhere.*
- Enjoy unlimited audio conference calling on your smart devices.
- Start conferences with just one tap using Join as Host, even when outside the US.
- Conveniently invite individuals through Business SMS or email.
- Instantly join a conference call with one tap from an invitation, even without RingCentral mobile app installed on your iPhone.
Send and receive text messages on your business number.*
- With the industry’s first Business SMS service from RingCentral, you can send text messages from your official business number.
- Send unlimited text messages to anyone in the US and Canada for free.
- Message multiple recipients at once—clients, colleagues, even departments. View group messages in your text thread.
- Easily make a call, join a conference, or visit a website by tapping detected phone numbers and URLs directly from text messages.
Fax files from anywhere.
- Improve productivity by sending, receiving, and forwarding faxes from anywhere.
- Fax multiple documents to multiple recipients at once.
- Easily send a fax from your smart device with a note, attachments, photos, or files from cloud storage (Box and Dropbox).
RingCentral for iPhone and iPad app FAQs:
Where can I download the RingCentral app for my iPhone and iPad?
- You can download the app here or go to the iTunes store. Simply enter RingCentral in the search field and choose Install when the app appears. The RingCentral mobile app is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, with iOS 7.0 or later.
What is VoIP for the RingCentral app?
- VoIP (Voice over IP) allows the RingCentral app to make calls without using your carrier airtime minutes. The minutes will be counted on your RingCentral account. Just connect to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G data network and you’re all set. When you are overseas, VoIP connections let you avoid international roaming charges.**
How do I start video meetings?
- It’s simple. Just tap on the Meetings icon from the RingCentral app and start a meeting. Up to 50 people (Office Enterprise edition) can join your meeting and anyone can screen share content on mobile devices, including files from Box and Dropbox. Meetings is available on all RingCentral Office® editions in the US. See the Plans & Pricing page for details.
What call controls are available with the RingCentral app?
- You can mute or put a call on hold, transfer a call to anyone in your company or personal directories, flip a call to move the current call from one phone to another, place a call on park for someone, and also record any call.
How does “Tap to Join” work in my conference call invitation?
- In each conference call invitation, there is a direct link for iPhone. Simply tap the link to connect to a call without entering a participant code, even when no RingCentral app is installed.
* For select RingCentral Office customers only.
** VoIP calls made on the RingCentral service network may not be available in countries where VoIP services are prohibited.
*** Available only for RingCentral Office Premium and Enterprise plans. For advanced HD Voice, minimum of iPhone 4 and iPad 2 are recommended.