RingCentral Receives 2014 Strategy Innovation Award From Chief Strategy Officer Summit, San Francisco
RingCentral Recognized for Most Disruptive Strategy with Strategic Initiative “Mobile First”
San Mateo, Calif. – June 3, 2014 – RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG), a leading provider of cloud business phone systems, earned the Strategy Innovation Award at the San Francisco Chief Strategy Officer Summit recently for having the most Disruptive Strategy. RingCentral was recognized for pioneering the strategic initiative “Mobile First”.
“We’re happy to be recognized for predicting and taking advantage of the changing mobile environment and implementing a radical “Mobile First” strategy back in 2008. We were the only company in the business communications market to start with a “Mobile First” approach and now we are leading the way,” said Praful Shah, Senior Vice President of Strategy at RingCentral.
The Strategy Innovation Awards recognizes companies for their success in pioneering strategy initiatives that have had a positive impact within the strategy community.
RingCentral was one of a handful of companies awarded for their achievements along with Zipcar, Bishop-Lyons Entertainment, iPipeline, and Hudson Bay Company.
"This award is particularly meaningful because we were recognized by professionals who work in business strategy," said Shah. "The panel recognized the core value of RingCentral—that businesses need a solution for today’s mobile and distributed workforce that will eliminate the limits of legacy phone systems and allow businesses to scale quickly, integrate with other cloud solutions, remain cost-effective and run their businesses more efficiently”.
As part of the judging process, RingCentral submitted a list of core motivators that inspire the company strategy:
- RingCentral’s leadership knew the iPhone device would radically change how business users behave, communicate, and collaborate.
- RingCentral believed the smartphone would become the center of the phone system—not just a device the system supported.
- In 2008, RingCentral decided to adopt a “Mobile First” strategy for a new generation of Business Cloud Phone Systems.
- The “Mobile First” approach was radical and challenged, but RingCentral continued in that strategic direction, focusing on meeting the needs of the future mobile and distributed workforce.
- RingCentral’s strategy was radical in early 2008, is competitively still radical today, and the reason for the rapid pace of innovation that RingCentral continues to deliver to its customers.
To learn more about the RingCentral Office solution that combines voice, fax, text, conferencing and HD video meetings into a single, unified platform in the cloud, visit www.ringcentral.com. Follow RingCentral on Facebook at facebook.com/ringcentral and on Twitter at twitter.com/ringcentral.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud-based business communications solutions. Easier to manage and more flexible than on-premises communications systems, RingCentral’s cloud solution meets the needs of modern distributed and mobile workforces, while eliminating the expense and complications of on-premises traditional hardware-based systems and software. RingCentral is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif.
RingCentral, the RingCentral logo and RingCentral Office are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.
For additional information,
Jennifer Dong 650-288-0485