RingCentral Optimizes Business Communications for BYOD with New
Suite of Mobile Capabilities
One-tap Conferencing, Faxing and Presence Now Available for Mobile Devices; Adds to Business SMS for Texting via a Business Phone System
MobileBeat, San Francisco, Calif. – July 9, 2013 – With the proliferation of BYOD, businesses need communication tools that work the way their employees do.
Seeing this need, RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of cloud business communications solutions, today announced at MobileBeat a new suite of mobile capabilities for voice, text and fax communications for smartphones and tablets.
These tools do more than help organizations manage BYOD, they optimize communications to leverage the inherent benefits that mobile devices offer businesses both in and out of the office. Designed to work with RingCentral’s cloud business phone solution and integrated mobile app, the mobile suite includes:
- One-Tap, Text-to-Invite Conference Calling: With RingCentral Conferencing, employees can efficiently set up conference calls, text-to-invite participants and join with one tap, anywhere, anytime via smartphones and tablets.
- Professional Texting with Business SMS: Pioneered by RingCentral, Business SMS enables employees to use their business number on personal mobile devices to send and receive texts with customers, colleagues, and even departmental workgroups.
- Flexible Faxing from Mobile Devices: In addition to receiving faxes, it’s now possible to compose, preview and send faxes via mobile devices, as well as access and fax documents from Dropbox or local storage on the RingCentral mobile app.
- Efficient Call Management with Presence: RingCentral Presence allows users to see the phone status of their colleagues, even if they are on their mobile phones.
“This suite of new capabilities gives businesses the ability to work the way they need to in today’s mobile work world,” said Nisha Ahluwalia, VP of product marketing for RingCentral. “RingCentral’s solutions are specifically designed to be mobile-first. It’s more than simply supporting mobile devices in the work place – it’s about optimizing business communications to leverage BYOD for increased efficiency and productivity.”
In addition to new mobile capabilities, RingCentral offers useful new communication tools that enable businesses to:
- Increase Productivity with Salesforce Integration: The RingCentral App for Salesforce offers seamless integration between RingCentral Office and Salesforce CRM to increase call efficiency and improve productivity.
- Improve Communication with Auto Call Record: Automatically record both incoming and outgoing calls. Download and play back recordings for customer service evaluation, training purposes or for keeping compliance records.
- Flexibly communicate with Call Park and Intercom: Park calls in the cloud and retrieve them from any phone in the business. Use intercom to notify a colleague via speakerphone that a call is waiting. These features work on a variety of desk phones including the color, touch-screen Polycom VVX-500.
All of these features are available within select editions of RingCentral Office, which includes the RingCentral mobile app for iPhone and Android. To learn more, go to: //www.ringcentral.com/office/how-it-works.html.
RingCentral is a leading provider of cloud business communications solutions. The company provides flexible and cost-effective services that support distributed workforces, mobile employees and the proliferation of “bring-your-own” communications devices. RingCentral enables convenient and effective communications for businesses across all their locations, all employees, all the time, thus fostering a more productive and dynamic workforce. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Cisco, Scale Ventures, and DAG Ventures. For more information on RingCentral products, call 1-877-268-2403 or by visit www.ringcentral.com.
For additional information,
Jennifer Dong 650-288-0485