This year’s ConnectCentral Hackathon was a wild ride, with teams collaborating, hustling, and developing some thrilling hacks. Just this past weekend, on October 21-22, teams competed in a fierce and fun competition of wits and innovation.
Preceding RingCentral’s ConnectCentral 2017 annual conference, the industry’s premier cloud communications event, developers were invited to build in three categories of hacks, including:
- State-of-the-art chatbots: Participants were challenged to build from scratch or port existing messaging, virtual assistant, customer service, or e-commercial bots from other frameworks to the RingCentral Glip bot framework.
- Awesome customer experiences: Hackers could use RingCentral Connect Platform APIs to build next-generation interactive experiences that improve the way businesses engage with their customers.
- Connectivity anywhere on any device: Contestants powered-up their web apps using RingCentral’s WebRTC SDK, providing advanced call control functionality for making and receiving calls.
At the end of the weekend, we had three teams that stood out.
- First prize winner: EZ Track $5,000/team
- Second prize winner: Lunch Bot $2,000/team
- Third prize winner: Meeting Notes $1,000/team
Thank you to all participants and congratulations to all the winners!
Originally published Oct 23, 2017, updated Aug 11, 2020