When first impressions mean so much, it’s essential to get off to a good start with your customers. With a custom greeting, you can set the right tone for your company, department or voicemail and present a polished, professional image right from the start.
To create a new greeting:
1. Go to your RingCentral account and click My Settings.
2. Click the Greetings link in the menu along the left-hand side.
3. In My Rules, click New next to the greeting you’d like to change, such as introductory or voicemail greetings. (If you’d like to change your company greeting, click the Go to Company Greeting link above the box.)
4. Follow the instructions in Record over the Phone to record over the phone. Or click Upload a file to upload a file, and follow the steps listed.
5. Enter a greeting name that’s easy to remember.
6. Click Submit when you’re ready to upload your greeting.
You’ll see the greeting listed in the row where you clicked New. You can listen to it by clicking the Play button.
Your new greeting is ready for business!
Originally published Aug 04, 2010, updated Aug 12, 2020