The Dreamforce 2014 conference, put on by Salesforce, is coming up next month and we are excited to attend. This year’s Dreamforce Keynote speakers come from a range of fields from politics to music. Each has been a successful industry leader in his or her field. We present to you the top five quotes from Keynote speakers of #DF14.
1) “In almost every profession—whether it’s law or journalism, finance or medicine or academia or running a small business—people rely on confidential communications to do their jobs. We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides.” —Hilary Clinton
Why we love this quote: As a telecommunications company, we understand the importance of confidential communications. Clinton does a good job of articulating the importance of security in the modern day technological age. No matter what field it is, security and privacy are important to both individuals and the company as a whole.
2) “As you go through life, you’ve got to see the valleys as well as the peaks.” —Neil Young
Why we love this quote: Even legendary rock musicians go through some hardships. This motivational quotes reminds everyone who reads it that with great success inevitably comes great hurdles. Although there will be hardships in life and in a career, it is important to remember that it is a natural part of living. Once you’re past the tribulation success will come!
3) “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” —Anthony Robbins
Why we love this quote: Yet another great communication quote. It is true that people come in all shapes and sizes. This is why we’re so dedicated to the BYOD and remote workforce policies that we promote. We realize that we all have a goal and path that makes us live our lives in a certain way every day. While we can’t predict what this path might be, we can help work towards it by providing a more flexible work environment.
4) “Most of all, I discovered that in order to succeed with a product, you must truly get to know your customers and build something for them.” —Marc Benioff
Why we love this quote: There’s a reason Benioff is the CEO of Salesforce. He is an innovative thinker and we couldn’t agree more with his quote. At RingCentral, we are dedicated and committed to creating the best products possible to keep our customers happy. We actively engage with our customers and listen to their ideas and concerns so that we are constantly improving as a company. That is one of the keys to our success!
5) “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” —Arianna Huffington
Why we love this quote: The journalist that founded the Huffington Post knows about quality work. At the end of the day, you can work for days or weeks or months but if you are not producing quality work, it won’t get you anywhere. Quality time put into a project means complete engagement and developing something you believe in. That is why it is important to love your job. If you love your job, you will almost automatically put in the quality time needed to make a project or idea stand out as something truly great and worth pursuing.