August 2020 Release
RingCentral mobile app
- Message reply actions: Users can quickly respond to a message with a single tap using Like, Quote, Edit and more. A single or long tap on the last message brings up a selection menu.
- File sharing options: Easily share files and photos from other apps via message, text, and fax.
- Mark selected posts as unread: Pick up from where you left off by marking any message and those below it as unread.
- Guest indicator: Conversations with guests outside your company now have a visual indicator.
RingCentral desktop app
- App integrations: Connect to services like Jira and GitHub to deliver notification messages directly in any team.
- Workspace: Access all your tasks and events in a single place.
- Preview uploaded videos: See previews of uploaded videos in conversation stream.
- Calendar presence setting: Enable the calendar to update the presence status when an event is happening.
- Host controls: Hosts can restrict meeting access to authenticated participants, can control who can turn on video in meetings, and can assign moderator privileges when leaving a meeting.
- Authenticated access: Hosts can restrict meeting access to authenticated participants.
- Redesigned meeting toolbar: Making meeting controls easier to discover.
- Network quality indicator: Shows current network performance compared to optimum.
- Manage CPU load: Enable or disable outgoing HD video to optimize performance.
- Admin Locked Settings: Admins can lock various account level settings and enforce them for all users. More.
- Outlook Add-in Upgrade: Schedule meetings with Personal Meeting ID, add a meeting password, and auto fill of H.323/SIP information in email invitations.
- Pre-meeting video lobby: Attendees will now be shown their camera video preview and given the option to join with or without sharing their video. More.
- Audio setting for Auto-Select based on Network: The setting automatically chooses the best audio option depending on the customer's current phone connection.
- Call to Video: Seamlessly start from a 1:1 or multi-party phone call and switch to a RingCentral Video meeting or screenshare with a single tap.
- Cloud contacts: Stay connected to all of your contacts by syncing your RingCentral, Microsoft, and Google accounts.
Hardware model updates
- Cisco 6821 and 8851 w/expansions: These phone models are now available for purchase for RingCentral Office and Global Office customers.
- Spectralink DECT phone support: Spectralink now offers an integration guide for their multi-cell DECT devices providing instructions on how to configure those phones.
RingCentral for Salesforce
- High Velocity Sales (Beta): This is now supported.
- Cloud Phone Reporting (Beta): Leverage RingCentral Analytics data and view it as a native Salesforce report. More.
RingCentral for Slack
RingCentral for Smarsh
For super admins or any admin with account administration permissions.
- The new site provides easy access to RingCentral's security and compliance documents to assist our customers with their own compliance or regulatory assessments. Learn how to access the trust portal.
Adoption and Usage analytics
- Admins can now access usage and adoption data for the last six months and select a custom date range.
- KPI nomenclature under the “Message” tab has been updated to align with the RingCentral app.
- Added app version information to message and video pages.
Admin Portal enhancements
- Copy existing settings onto a new user.
- Bulk upload phone numbers.
- Add a logo and message to customize user service notifications.
- Request global number porting within the Portal.
Watch the August 2020 webinar
Our RingCentral University training team provides a more in-depth review of our recent updates and enhanced features.
Review more detail
Our support site lists information for each of our latest releases.