RC App Desktop Update V20.2.10
April 16, 2020
- RC Video - We are pleased to announce that the next generation in video conferencing products, RingCentral Video, has officially launched! RC Video is now fully integrated into the desktop RC App, providing your team a more secure method of communication
- Electron 7 - The desktop app has been upgraded to Electron 7, which will provide many performance and stability enhancements
April 10, 2020
- Fix: Meeting Invite Info - Meetings with passwords now correctly display the password with the invite description
- Jira Integration - The customizability of the Jira webhook integration has been improved
RC App Desktop Update V20.2.2
March 27, 2020
- RC Meetings Cloud Recordings - The Video tab in the desktop app now provides easy access to all the meeting recordings that you've saved in the cloud
- Other - Minor bug fixes and enhancements
February 28, 2020
- Fix: Configurable Call Queues - The incoming call notification now correctly displays the caller's ID, and addressed an issue on active calls where longer caller IDs would truncate instead of reflowing to the next line.
- Fix: Admin Service Web Settings - We discovered an issue where the admin "Web Phone" setting wasn't always respected by the RC App. Unchecking this setting will now correctly disable the dialer and other calling capabilities for your users.
RC App Desktop Update V20.2.1
February 26, 2020
- RC Meetings Embedded - We now show a notification when screen recording permissions are not enabled on Mac OS Catalina
- MSI App-update Improvement - Slightly increased timeout period to make sure the previous app's version is properly removed before installing the new one**
- Fix: RC Meetings Embedded - Addressed an issue where the screen sharing pause/unpause function worked inconsistently while in a meeting
- Fix: App Installation - The RC App will choose an alternative installation folder for some documents, if a targeted one is blocked on the machine
February 7, 2020
- International Fax - We now support sending faxes to international numbers
- Other - Minor bug fixes and enhancements
RC App Desktop Update V20.01.3
February 3, 2020
- RC Meetings Deep Linking - This feature has been removed from the RC App due to an unintended compatibility issue that impacted basic functionality within the standalone RC Meetings app
- Accessing any meeting links from outside the RC App will no longer route users to the in-app meetings experience
- Fix: RC Meetings app - This update includes a fix that will resolve the resulting problems within RC Meetings almost immediately
RC App Desktop Update V20.01.1
January 28, 2020
- RC Meetings Deep Linking - Clicking a meeting link now directs you to the unified RC App instead of the stand-alone meetings app
- Personal Meeting ID Improvement - Selecting your PMI while scheduling a meeting now auto-updates the other meeting options
- Upcoming Meetings Improvement - Double booked meetings now both appear in the “Upcoming” section of the Meet Tab
- Meeting Password Fix - Addressed an issue where the meeting password was sometimes not included in the invitation
RC App Desktop Update V19.12.1
December 16, 2019
- Meeting Recordings Fix - Addressed an issue where users weren’t being prompted to select a save-location at the end of their recorded meetings.
- RingCentral Meetings Fix - Addressed an issue where the app would crash for some users after ending a meeting.
- Desktop Update - The desktop app has been upgraded to Electron 5.0.12.
December 3, 2019
- SMS Emoji Support - Users can now send and receive emojis within SMS/MMS text conversations.
- Meet Tab Improvements - Hovering over a truncated meeting name/location now shows a tooltip with the full information.
- Other - Various stability and app performance improvements.
November 19, 2019
- Embedded Media Player - Video files shared in a conversation can now be viewed directly within the app.
- Other - Fixed a bug that prevented some users from entering access codes for conference calls.
RC App Desktop Update V19.11.1
Nov 11, 2019
- Direct Screen Share - Accessible via the Meet tab in the desktop app, you can now wirelessly share your screen to a nearby TV (equipped with RC Rooms).
- O365 Integration - Fixed an issue where scheduling a meeting didn’t respect regional date formatting.
- Other - Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Nov 1, 2019
- Custom Status - Users can now customize and share their status using a combination of text and emojis.
- Other - Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
RC App Desktop Update V19.10.2
Oct 2, 2019
- Feature Updates - PDF previews - We’ve changed how PDFs open within the app, so it’s a more seamless experience.
- Desktop Updates - The desktop app has been upgraded to Electron 5.
- Other - Fixed issues where meeting participants couldn't hear a someone using a bluetooth headset, and where the presence indicator didn't update upon starting a meeting.
RC App Deskop Update V19.09.01
Sep 17, 2019
- Integrated RingCentral Meetings - The new 'Meet' tab allows users to quickly start, schedule and join meetings right from the RingCentral App without having to open up a separate meetings app.
- Cloud Calendar Integration - Users can now connect their Outlook and Google calendars to see all their meetings inside RC App, and easily join with 1-click. No need to find invitations or type in URLs. Users can also schedule meetings directly from RingCentral App into their calendars.
- Calendar Presence - During a meeting in the calendar, user's presence in RingCentral App will automatically show as 'Busy'. This can be turned on/off in Preferences.
RC App Deskop Update V19.08.01
Aug 23, 2019
- New Desktop Navigation - New desktop navigation will make it easier for users to access key features in the app, including messaging, calling, and meetings.
- Call Queue Setting - Users will be able to turn on/off the option to accept call queues by clicking on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Outbound caller ID: In addition to selecting outbound ID for phone calls, users will now be able to select default outbound ID for text and faxes.
May 20, 2019
- Code Snippets - Conveniently share snippets of code in their original formatting. View and reuse the code by copying and downloading.
- @team mention - Quickly and easily notify everyone on your team by including @team in your message. Team admins can enable the feature in "Edit team details"
January 31, 2019
- Presence - Manually set your presence status to Available, Invisible, or Do Not Disturb in your profile.
- Bug Fixes - We have made some minor updates to your right rail, fixed some issues regarding notifications and improved RC App's reconnecting experience
December 12, 2018
- Reconnecting - We have enhanced our reconnecting experience and fixed some issues related to reconnecting, you should be seeing an overall smoother reconnecting experience.
- Bookmark Updates - Updates to the Bookmarks features, improving overall performance and fixed some issues.
- Bug Fixes - Fixed some issues relating to voicemails, dialer and overall telephony functions.
October 11, 2018
- Global Top Bar Updates - More updates to the top bar improving recent search results and increasing the number of returned search results from 3 to 5.
- Bug Fixes - Fixed some issues related to the call logs and telephony functions.
September 20, 2018
- Voicemail Transcription - Added new capability which transcribes your voicemails into text to allow for quick access in your conversation stream and phone tab.
- Global Top Bar Update - Minor updates to the top bar including making the global plus button more visible and enhancing the search results returned.
- Left Navigation Icons - Minor updates to the icons, presentation styling and ability to now expand your left rail to view all icon options.
- Unread conversation bolding - Updated the conversation list to highlight in bold the names of conversations and teams with 1 or more unread messages.
General Update 18.08.30
August 30, 2018
- Global Top Bar Update - Consolidated the video and phone icons into the plus menu on the top navigation bar to improve the overall UI and to make it look cleaner and more focused.
- Conversation icons - Updated the phone, video, and conversation icons so that they are present within the conversation window.
- Search Results - Improved search results to display more people, teams, and content results.
Desktop Apps 18.08.1
August 17, 2018
- Desktop App name change to RingCentral - The Glip desktop app has been renamed and updated with a brand new icon to the RingCentral app to better reflect the calling and online meetings capabilities available to RingCentral customers.
August 16, 2018
- App name change to RingCentral - The Glip app has been renamed to the RingCentral app to better reflect the calling and online meetings capabilities available to RingCentral customers.
- Softphone capability enabled - A fully-featured softphone will be enabled for all RingCentral Office customers in the upcoming weeks. This update, which allows Office customers to enjoy the primary Telephony features from the RingCentral app, can be enabled/disabled from the administrator settings in the app under the telephony setting.
August 02, 2018
- New Left Navigation Icons - Introducing a new navigation toolbar where you will be able to easily access your dashboard, tasks, calendar and more.
- Notifications Settings - New users now have team notifications turned off by default. New users will now only receive notifications for direct messages and "@" mentions.
Desktop Apps 18.07.03
July 30, 2018
- An important update adding a new flow for Single Sign-On (SSO) users
- Added more detailed logging functionalities with command /debug to send both desktop and application logs.
- Fixed several issues with OneDrive file uploading
July 19th, 2018
- New Global Navigation Bar - Introducing a new global top bar that improves discoverability with quick access to global search and frequently used actions - start a video meeting, new conference calls and new SMS and text messages.
May 25, 2018
- New offline mode - You can now continue working while in offline mode, Glip will automatically save and que your messages to be resent when the connection restores.
- Reconnecting fixes and improvements for large team meetings, right rail updates and @mentions.
April 26, 2018
- An important update introducing a smoother onboarding experience, improvements to the new Bookmarks feature, and some general bug fixes, including one where conversations sometimes would not load.
April 13, 2018
- New Bookmarks experience - Mark specific messages as important by clicking bookmark in actions. Find all of your bookmarked posts in the new section in the left pane, simply click on the message to jump to where it was originally posted for context.
- Adding New Glip Users - We have also made it easier for you to add new Glip users by auto-detecting your co-workers when you add them to your teams and conversations.
- More search fixes and improvements.
- Lots of bug fixes!
Desktop Apps 18.03.1
March 20, 2018
- An important update improving security, video and general performance on the desktop app.
March 1, 2018
- Fixed a bug that broke automatic sign in after an app restart for some users.
- Fixed an issue where Do Not Disturb status (for incoming RingCentral phone calls) is not in sync with the RingCentral Softphone app.
- Other performance and usability improvements.
February 15, 2018
- Multiple Tasking on the Web - If you use Glip in a web browser, you can now multi-task in Glip across different browser tabs, Chat with one person in one tab while following up on a task in another tab without losing your place.
- Reconnection on Glip - We fixed a bug preventing reconnect to Glip after the laptop goes to sleep mode.
February 08, 2018
- Fixed an issue with the Glip Today email sometimes coming in one day late.
- Fixed an issue with desktop notifications on Mac not bringing you into the conversation.
- Fixed Google Drive Sign-in Issue.
Desktop Apps 18.01.1
January 30, 2018
- Downloaded files now appear while in file preview mode.
- Prevents an annoying Mac OS popup prompting non-admin users to install a helper tool.
- Usability and app performance improvements.
January 25, 2018
- Jump to first unread message - Hurray! We've brought the same experience for reading unread messages on the Glip mobile apps to the Glip web and desktop apps. Now when opening a conversation with a bunch of new and already read messages, there now is a new unread action button that allows you to jump to the first unread message in the conversation, so you can easily pick back up where you left off.
- New format for unread and read messages - Double Hurray! Prior to today's release all read messages used to be in grayed out font, which made reading historic messages a bit of a challenge. No more! Now all read messages are in black font so it's easier to read your older messages. Additionally, we've updated the design of the in-stream date stamp separators, so they are now easier for us all to see (and fixed all the bugs associated).
- Fixed a number of bugs, including: search sometimes not returning any results, another causing some users to experience slow typing in the compose box, and one where message timestamps were not being updated after midnight - that bug is no more!
- Performance and usability improvements to @mentions.
- Improvements to document previewing - previews now generate much faster and more reliably.
- We also released a new Glip tutorial for sharing files - check it out!
Desktop Apps 17.11.2 (Mac Only)
November 27, 2017
- Download Manager - The download manager comes to the Mac app! Find all your downloads in a new downloads bar across the bottom of the app, and open downloaded files in the appropriate application with just a single click.
- Lots of bug fixes! Fixed issues with moving Glip across external monitors, importing contacts from Google, and the Trello integration.
November 22, 2017
- Auto-updates from RingCentral - If you’re a RingCentral Office customer, when you update your name or email address on RingCentral those changes will now be reflected on Glip as well.
- File Icons - Look for the shiny new icons for each file type in the stream and in the shelf.
Desktop Apps 17.11.1 (Windows Only)
November 6, 2017
- Download Manager - Downloading files just got so much friendlier! Find all your downloads in a new downloads bar across the bottom of the app, and open downloaded files in the appropriate application with just a single click.
- Lots of bug fixes! Fixed issues with moving Glip across external monitors, importing contacts from Google, and the Trello integration
November 1, 2017
- New admin controls to lock down your company on Glip - If your company is a RingCentral customer, or on Glip’s Standard or Pro plans, admins now have two new controls. One prevents employees from adding people to Glip, and the other prevents people with email addresses on the company’s domain from being able to join without an invitation.
- Fresh coat of paint - Feeling zen this morning? Maybe it’s because of the more soothing color scheme! New colors, and icons, that are easier on the eyes.
- @mention behavior - Small tweak to @mention behavior. Only people and team matches are shown by default now, but look for the “Search content…” option at the bottom to mention any item posted to Glip.
- HIPAA - If your company takes advantage of the fact that Glip is a HIPAA-compliant conduit, note that we’ve turned back on many emails (e.g., invitations, reset password, welcome email, etc.) Unfortunately, email notifications and the Glip Today email, which could contain PHI, are still blocked.
- Glip Standard - If your company had a subscription to Glip Basic, please note that the plan has been renamed to Glip Standard.
October 16, 2017
- New Action Icons - At the top of each conversation you’ll see some new icons to the right of the name. Quickly mark a conversation as a favorite. Change a team between public and private. And lastly, unmute a muted conversation.
- Smoother Scrolling - Catching up on conversations, or just taking a walk down memory lane, should be a little smoother now. No more jumpiness as older messages are loaded in.
October 2, 2017
- Salesforce Integration - Share any kind of Salesforce object on Glip, and have information about it pulled in live from Salesforce! Read more details here.
- Admin File-Sharing Controls - Company admins can now restrict which file-sharing options (Uploads, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) are available to employees. If your company is on a paid plan with Glip or RingCentral, click over to the Administration page to see the new options.
Desktop Apps 17.08.1
September 12, 2017
- Fixed a number of bugs, including one where desktop notifications would temporarily steal focus. Going forward we'll also let you know when a new version of the desktop app is available by displaying a message across the top of Glip.
August 23, 2017
- /collapse & /expand - Two new “slash” commands. Use /collapse to quickly collapse all images currently in view in the conversation stream, and /expand to show them all again.
- More integrations! - Check out the new integrations for Marketo, Jenkins, and StatusPage.
July 27, 2017
- Team Administration - We've introduced a new team admin role to allow you to exercise more control over each of your teams on Glip. Management of teams is now limited to the team's admin(s). Admins can also further restrict what regular team members may do, even going so far as making the team read-only. Read more details here.
July 13, 2017
- Fixed a bug that would prevent your Glip session from automatically refreshing to reflect messages deleted per data retention policies (DRP).
July 5, 2017
- Quote a Post - Need to refer to something someone else said earlier in the conversation stream? Just click on the gear menu next to any chat message in the stream and look for the new “Quote” option.
- Onboarding - Although most of you won’t notice these changes, people you invite to Glip will now go through a more streamlined and friendly onboarding process.
Desktop Apps 3.0.1727
July 3, 2017
- Fixed two key bugs. One that prevented signing in with SSO, and one that caused the app to crash when sharing files from Google Drive.
June 26, 2017
- Just a little bug fixing.
June 20, 2017
- OpsGenie Integration - An on-call management solution, now with alerts right in your Glip conversation stream.
- Ctrl + K Fix - One of our favorite Glip shortcuts on Windows is Ctrl + K, which brings up the conversation selector. We broke it, but now it’s fixed!
Desktop Apps 3.0.1726
June 20, 2017
- Fixed a bug that prevented the application icon from displaying properly in the Windows taskbar, as well as a number of other bugs.
June 15, 2017
- Desk.com, Datadog, Magnum CI, Userlike, and VictorOps Integrations - More integrations. Enough said.
June 1, 2017
- Pingdom, Papertrail and GoSquared Integrations - Three more integrations to help address your log management, performance monitoring and analytics needs.
- Better Emoji - We've got a whole new set of emoji, with a much wider selection to choose from and the ability to customize their skin tone. You can even search for emoji by typing a colon, followed by an emoji name, right in the chat box. Express yourself!
- Collapsable Images - OK, so not everyone loves it when you express yourself. If you happen to be one of those folks, and aren't big fan of memes, you can now collapse any image shared on Glip (meme or otherwise) by clicking the arrow next to the file name.
- Collapsable Sections of the Shelf - Customize your shelf, on a per conversation basis, by collapsing sections that aren't important to you. Just click the arrow next to the section's heading.
Desktop Apps 3.0.1713
May 23, 2017
- Fixed a number of bugs, including a couple of problematic ones related to not being able to share files from Google Drive and the unread message count on the app icon not getting properly cleared.
May 11, 2017
- "Me" Conversation - Talking to yourself may not be cool in the real world, but it is on Glip! Look for the new "Me" conversation in the Favorites section of your left pane. Post tasks for yourself. Jot down a note. Store some files. Everything you share here is private, and for your eyes only.
- CircleCI and Librato Integrations - Two more integrations to help address your continuous integration and performance monitoring needs.
May 2, 2017
- Codeship and AppSignal Integrations - The integration train is humming right along. Two more developer-focused integrations this week, with even more on the way!
April 24, 2017
- Memes - Nothing says workplace productivity like a good meme! Click on the emoji icon at the right side of the chat box and then click on the rightmost tab to generate a meme. Your coworkers will thank you.
- Runscope and Sumo Logic Integrations - Performance monitoring and analytics, right in the Glip conversation stream of your choice!
- No more Google Hangouts integration. Unfortunately, it is no longer supported by Google. Sad.
April 12, 2017
- Semaphore Integration - If you use Semaphore’s continuous integration platform then set up this integration to have messages posted to Glip when an app is built or deployed.
Desktop Apps 3.0.1711
March 30, 2017
- Fixed some bugs related to the unread-message count in the badge on the app icon.
March 27, 2017
- Document Previews - View documents right in Glip without having to download them first. Just like with images, you can even add comments! Upload a PDF, Word, PowerPoint or text file to see for yourself, or read more details here.
- Confluence, Heroku and ServiceNow Integrations - Three new integrations added to the list, with even more on the way!
March 14, 2017
- Raygun and Travis CI Integrations - More integrations for the techies among you! Notifications for error reports from Raygun, and branch builds and pull requests from Travis CI.
- Data Retention Policies - We love your data and want to keep it forever! But, we know that for various reasons, including compliance, you might want to have your data regularly deleted from Glip after a certain period of time. Read more about Data Retention Policies.
March 6, 2017
- When someone you’ve invited to Glip actually joins, we’ll announce it in your one-on-one conversation with that person. You never need to wait for people to join Glip before you start messaging them (since they’ll get the messages via email… and can even reply!), but now you’ll now when they’re truly onboard.
- And to help make sure that they do join you on Glip, we’ll send them an extra reminder to sign up if they don’t do so the first time.
February 26, 2017
- Bugs, bugs, bugs.
February 16, 2017
- Mini Profile Photos - You’ll now see your co-workers’ smiling faces (or whatever they happened to use for their profile photos) when you @mention them, start a conversation, create a team, or assign a task. Just a little something to help you make sure you got the right person.
Desktop Apps 3.0.1706
February 13, 2017
- Knocked out a bunch of bugs, including one that was preventing you from being able to share files from OneDrive.
February 5, 2017
- New Relic Integration - Do you use New Relic for your application performance monitoring? This new integration will post to the Glip conversation of your choice when an alert is triggered in New Relic.