Connect with international clients and enable collaboration between teams across locations—as if you’re all in the same conference room. Experience high-definition video and audio, with rich details that enhance presentations and drive business meetings forward.
Benefits of video conferencing:
Meet in the same room, no matter the distance.
- RingCentral HD video conferencing enables real-time telepresence, so your employees or clients can join a meeting from any location in the world.
- Join a RingCentral video conference using a computer, smartphone, or tablet. Or join easily from a cloud-based conference room, RingCentral Rooms™, or the H.323/SIP RingCentral Room Connector™ system.* Enjoy a rich, high-quality experience that rivals that of telepresence rooms.
- RingCentral Meetings seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Outlook®, so you can easily start a video conference to continue your email discussion right from your Outlook app.
- Up to 50 locations anywhere in the world can join a video conference, so multiple groups can meet at once.
Captivate your audience with powerful, built-in features.
- Advanced meeting controls and settings optimize the video conference experience with easy collaboration among participants.
- Keep meetings highly engaging with flexible screen share capability and annotation tools for all participants, just as you would in person.
- Share your screen, whiteboard, or a file from cloud storage—the choice is yours.
- Automatic active speaker spotlight directs attention to whoever is speaking, so it’s easy to track the conversation. High-definition video technology captures vivid details to create a rich conferencing experience.
- Chat is an especially effective tool during sales demonstrations or negotiations, allowing individual users to hold private chats with one another, away from the group.
- Record any video conference for later playback and evaluation. Recorded meetings can also be forwarded to other parties.
Get enterprise-class video conferencing without the additional hardware cost.
- RingCentral Meetings is a video conference solution that utilizes your company’s existing infrastructure, so there’s no need to invest in costly telepresence rooms. Other enterprise video conferencing systems can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars after hardware purchases and installation. With RingCentral, your organization gets the same high-quality experience but with superior value.
- RingCentral Meetings is part of your RingCentral service, which also includes voice, fax, text, and audio conferencing. Streamline your organization’s business communications without multiple vendors and bills to track or clunky PBX hardware to maintain.
*RingCentral Rooms and RingCentral Room Connector are additional video conferencing services dedicated for your conference rooms. Additional license fees apply.
Video conferencing FAQs:
How many offices or individuals can call in to a video conference?
- With RingCentral Office Enterprise edition, up to 50 offices and/or participants can join a meeting. Premium edition allows up to 25 per meeting, and Standard edition allows up to 4 per meeting.
How much does it cost?
- RingCentral Meetings is included with Enterprise, Premium, and Standard editions of RingCentral Office in the US. There is no additional cost for the feature. There is also no additional cost for the software, which is easily downloadable to your computer and is available as a free app for mobile devices.
How can I integrate RingCentral Meetings with my Microsoft Outlook?
- Easily download and install the RingCentral Meetings Plugin for Microsoft Outlook. After you restart your Outlook, you can start and schedule RingCentral Meetings right from the Outlook app.
What is the experience for someone I invite to a meeting?
- Participants do not need to have a RingCentral account in order to join a meeting. All they need is a supported device—a Mac or Windows computer, iPhone or iPad, or Android tablet or mobile phone.
- From a desktop or mobile device, participants can click on the meeting invitation to join a meeting. They have options to use the device audio or simply dial in. They can collaborate with other participants by sharing screen, files, or using a whiteboard for an open agenda.
- If your meeting is scheduled for a conference room with a group or audience, your participants can join the meeting from RingCentral Rooms with a simple tap of the iPad console. RingCentral Rooms automatically connects your meeting with in-room camera, speakers, and monitors.
What are best practices for individuals, small, or large groups?
- Individuals can use their personal computers and, if in a quiet area, can use their computer’s microphone and speaker. RingCentral Meetings has such high-quality sound that it is not advised to participate in a video conference from your computer if there is any background noise. If calling in from a noisy location, it is best to use a headset or call from a phone.
- Small groups in one room can use a conference phone to access audio and individual webcams on their computers or mobile devices to access video. Groups can also use a built-in or external camera on a single computer or monitor to display everyone in the room together.
- When groups or individuals are joining from multiple locations, the host may wish to mute all participants for the best audio quality. Individual users can always choose to mute their microphones and then unmute themselves when they wish to speak.