Last updated: August 15, 2022
This Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how RingCentral (“we” or “RingCentral”) handles personal information processed about job applicants, who have applied for positions at RingCentral either directly through our RingCentral Careers online system or through third-party recruitment agencies (collectively referred to as “you” or “applicant”).
We respect your privacy rights and are committed to handling your personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable law. This Notice describes the categories of the personal information that we collect and process about you, the purposes for the processing, and when we may disclose your personal information to third parties. This Notice also describes your rights regarding the personal information that we hold about you and how you can exercise those rights.
2. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
RingCentral processes personal information about you that we collect directly from you, through the systems you may have access to, or through third parties as permitted by you. Failure to provide us with certain personal information may result in difficulties or impossibility of facilitating your hiring and employment.
The categories of personal information we process may include:
● identification and contact details (such as your name, address, telephone/email address and other contact information),
● educational and employment background (such as academic/professional qualifications, job qualifications, education, CV/résumé, transcripts and employment references),
● job application information (such as the roles for which you are applying, your job application and related documentation/communications, cover letters, information from interviews and phone screenings, compensation/benefits requests, relocation information),
● national identifiers (such as national ID/passport, immigration status, work authorizations, visas, social security numbers);
● any other information you choose to provide us during the application and recruitment process; and
● information from third party sources – for example, to obtain work references or to carry out background, credit checks, or criminal record checks (where permissible and in accordance with applicable laws).
3. Processing of Sensitive Personal Information
As a general rule, we do not request information that reveals your, health condition, racial or ethnic origin, religious, political or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric information, or information about your health/sex life or sexual orientation during the recruitment process, unless authorized by law or where necessary to comply with applicable laws.
4. Purposes and Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information as part of RingCentral's recruitment related activities, and we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
● evaluating and selecting applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests,
● evaluating and assessing your skills and qualifications against the position you applied for,
● communicating with you during the recruitment process,
● verifying your information and carrying our reference or background checks (where applicable),
● putting in place necessary arrangements for your future employment, and
● managing, operating, evaluating, maintaining and improving our recruitment system, processes and activities, including our candidates database,
● generating reports as needed to comply with applicable laws.
If you are accepted for a job at RingCentral, the information collected during the recruitment process will form part of your ongoing employment record. If you are from the European Union, the legal basis for the processing of your personal information is the legitimate interests of RingCentral to carry out recruitment and to manage the hiring process and/or, your consent as applicable, and/or where you are considered for employment, to take steps prior to entering an employment contract with you. We may also use your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or to protect the rights and interests of RingCentral, our employees, applicants and others, as required and permitted by applicable law.
RingCentral does not engage in decision-making based solely on automated processing, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you.
5. Access to, and Disclosure of, Your Personal Information
Access by other RingCentral Companies
As a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, RingCentral uses resources located throughout the world. Therefore, RingCentral may from time to time, and in accordance with the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, share your personal information with our other affiliate companies.
Access by, Disclosures to, and Transfers to Third Parties
RingCentral may from time to time use third parties to act on RingCentral's behalf. We do so on a "need to know basis" and in accordance with applicable data privacy law. For example, some personal data will be available to our third party companies who provide us with services such as hosting our recruitment system, travel services, background checking services or relocation support services. These service providers may change over time but we will always seek to ensure that any third parties who handle your personal data will do so in a manner consistent with this Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where necessary to: abide by law, regulation or contract; respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena or search warrant; in response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for national security or law enforcement purposes); as necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation; or, in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer or reorganization of all or part of our business.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR CROSS-CONTEXTUAL BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING.
6. Transfer of Personal Information Abroad
Where permitted by applicable law, RingCentral may transfer the personal information we collect about you to the United States and other jurisdictions that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country, as necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. If you are located in the EU, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, we have implemented standard contractual clauses approved by the appropriate supervisory authority to secure the transfer of your personal information to the United States and other jurisdictions.
7. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to secure your personal information against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. In addition, we limit personal information access to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
8. Data Retention and Destruction
Your personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements or as otherwise required by applicable law.
If you are not successful in your application, RingCentral will keep your information on file for future job openings. In such cases, we will retain your application information for up to 6 months. You can opt out of this at any time by contacting the email address below.
We will destroy your personal information without delay at the expiration of the retention period, the achievement of the purpose or other reasons for which such personal information is no longer necessary.
9. Your Data Privacy Rights
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to:
● access your personal information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information;
● update or correct inaccuracies in that information;
● delete your personal information;
● restrict processing or object to our use of your personal information; and
● receive the personal information you have provided us in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability).
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
You may exercise such rights by visiting our data subject request portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your requests to exercise your data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In some jurisdictions, you may have an authorized agent submit a data subject access request on your behalf. Please have your authorized agent contact email@example.com to make such a request.
Depending on the nature of your request, we may need to verify your identity beyond name and email and any updated information before completing your request. We may also limit our response to your request after providing you with notice, where doing so complies with applicable law
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Notice, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can write to us at:
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
20 Davis Drive,
11. Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new Privacy Notice when we make any updates.