What is an internet phone service?
An internet phone service, also called internet service telephony, refers to a phone system that makes calls over the internet. That’s rather than through a regular landline or mobile network like services from traditional PBX providers.
VoIP phone system users can make and receive international calls from anywhere in the world using a computer, mobile device, or smartphone. Internet phone solutions are available for both home and business use.
Home VoIP services work by connecting a dedicated VoIP phone system to an ethernet or wi-fi connection; using a VoIP adapter to connect to an analogue home phone, or installing a softphone application.
VoIP for businesses manages voice and data over the same network, making it an attractive solution to control phone expenses and achieve greater flexibility. Business VoIP phone systems encompass phone calls, voicemail, faxes, email, video conferences, and more.
Why use an internet phone service?
VoIP solutions offer diverse benefits for businesses of all sizes. VoIP phones provide mobility, flexibility, and scalability, along with a range of advanced features that aren’t compatible with traditional on-premises PBX phone providers’ offerings. Affordable pricing and flexible plans, too, make VoIP providers ideal for small businesses.
VoIP providers combine all the features of traditional phones systems, such as clear call quality and security, with the benefits of modern communications like mobile compatibility, videoconferencing, and 24/7 support for your customers.
How does an internet phone work?
Internet phones use Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology to make phone calls. For this reason, internet phones are also referred to as VoIP phones.
VoIP services work by taking a user’s analogue voice signals and converting them into digital packets of information. These digital packets are then sent as data over a broadband line and converted back into voice signals for the person on the other end of the call to comprehend.
Internet phone services can be used with desk phone handsets similar to landline phones that are compatible with a VoIP adapter and compatible router. It’s also possible to use a VoIP-enabled device with a broadband connection such as computers, laptops, mobile phones, or tablets.
To achieve crisp calling quality, VoIP services require robust wi-fi connections with excellent bandwidth. If your network’s bandwidth is low, then your service will likely suffer as a result.
Pros and cons: internet phones vs traditional landlines
- Requires hardware on-premises
- Costly and complicated installation
- High maintenance costs
- Customers must sign up with contracts
- Additional upgrade and update costs
- Premium tech support only available for premium customers
- Limited add ons available
- Changes to phone lines and services are costly and require lengthy processes
- No hardware required - you just need internet access
- Fast and free installation
- Low maintenance costs
- No long-term commitments or contracts
- Free upgrades and updates
- Free premium tech support included in all VoIP plans
- Range of free advanced features
- Easily add or remove users/lines to scale up or down with your business
Who can benefit from using an internet phone service?
Businesses of all shapes and sizes can benefit from transitioning from a regular landline to a VoIP provider. Entrepreneurs and enterprises alike can utilise IP phones to enhance communications and improve growth.
- Small and medium-sized businesses: SMBs seeking a scalable and affordable solution that can grow as they grow. VoIP enables small business owners to toggle their preferences instantly without additional costs.
- Large businesses: An internet phone is a flexible solution for large enterprises looking to save on costs as they expand their international presence with long-distance phone calls.
- Remote workforce: Businesses operating with a remote workforce can benefit from VoIP systems that centralise and streamline operations, and mitigate the mobility challenges of legacy systems.
Benefits of using RingCentral internet phone service
RingCentral provides a comprehensive, secure, and reliable cloud-based communications platform. RingCentral eliminates the need for on-premise PBX hardware and the costs associated with maintaining it.
Businesses can manage all of their communications from any location. With no additional hardware involved, RingCentral provides mobility, flexibility, and scalability to help small and large businesses grow and achieve their goals.
Here are some of the key benefits of using a RingCentral VoIP system:
- Improve business communications with unlimited VoIP calls, team messaging, and conferencing.
- Easier call handling with advanced features such as:
- Call screening
- Call recording
- Call blocking
- Inbound and outbound caller ID
- Enhanced call routing
- Call forwarding
- Interactive voice response (IVR)
- Secure communication with highly-encrypted networks and multiple layers of authentication.
- Communications flexibility with SMS and fax using your business phone number from mobile devices.
- Quick and easy set up in less than a day. Users can easily configure and customise settings via their online account.
- Business app integrations and open APIs allow companies to keep using their favourite tools and apps with popular CRM integrations and more.
- Affordable plans and pricing with no hidden or additional costs and a transparent itemised bill each month.
- 24/7 support to help you successfully implement the RingCentral platform and provide technical support and consultations on demand.
How business can boost operations with an internet phone service
Some key advantages of using a VoIP solution to boost operations include:
- Cost-effectiveness: Whether you’re a small business or an enterprise, VoIP service providers offer a cost-effective solution that is cheap to implement and maintain. Moreover, VoIP is a flexible solution that reduces costs associated with PBX hardware, wiring, and local and international calls.
- Versatile features: Internet calling offers standard phone functionality as well as a range of advanced features that can be added and removed for scalability as your business grows. Features include call forwarding to mobile devices, video conferencing, virtual voicemail, and more.
- Accessibility: Cloud-based VoIP phones enable businesses to make calls from anywhere they have an internet connection, and direct those calls to a home phone or another person, when needed. This provides flexible accessibility for mobile workforces and empowers employees to stay productive wherever they are, with their business phone number on mobile devices.
- Scalability: With an internet phone infrastructure, it’s simple to add phone lines and handsets wherever and whenever they’re needed. If you’re a growing business, VoIP scalability means you can onboard employees and outfit new offices with the click of a button.
How can RingCentral internet phone services be used to improve business functions
RingCentral is a unified communications solution that meets all business communication needs. Here some ways in which RingCentral can improve business functions:
- Enhance employee productivity and efficiency with advanced call management features like auto-attendant, answering rules, and forwarding
- Keep remote teams connected with video conferencing capabilities
- Team messaging and collaboration tools to set tasks and track progress
- Enjoy reliable interruption-free calls and highly secure data transmissions
- Access a remote workforce by enabling users to stay connected via apps for Android or Apple.
Saving money with internet phone services
Costs of a traditional landline vs an internet phone
Traditional landlines are charged in part according to the number of lines you have and can incur high monthly bills depending on the phone carrier service you use. These costs add up, particularly as your business expands and you need additional lines and extra hardware.
Leading VoIP system providers like RingCentral provide affordable solutions at tiered price plans to suit your business needs. VoIP phones operate using the internet, so they can support multiple phone lines at once. What’s more, businesses can add lines without incurring extra installation and maintenance costs.
Why RingCentral is a great cost-effective option for small businesses
As a leading VoIP service provider, RingCentral is an effective solution for small and medium sized businesses.
With RingCentral, SMBs are charged monthly on a per-user, per-month basis. Monthly plans provide up-front fees with no hidden costs. With a fixed plan, SMBs can better plan their budgets and enjoy cost savings with less equipment, installation, and maintenance fees.
RingCentral is a scalable solution available with four pricing plans, so you can easily scale up or down as your business experiences growth.